Data Import unsuccessfull

Hi Experts,

I have 3 models, 1.Data Hub, 2.Dev, 3.Test model.

I am changing my list item name in list(numbered list) in my data hub model and running the import action("ABC list from data hub) from Dev model to see the changed list item name is updated or not? and it is getting success, I am able to see the changes.

Now, I am running the same action("ABC list from data hub) in my Test model(which is in deploy mode), but I'm not seeing any changes updated to the list in Test model.

Note: when I was running the import action in my test model, I am getting the error saying "An internal error occurred and properties were not updated", I have checked the properties in both data hub model and test model are little different, the peoperty names are available and same in both, but in formula tab the formulas are missing in test model.

As per my understanding, Now I need to update the properties to the list in my test model. please correct me this line if I am wrong. If yes, then how to update the properties in a list which my test model is in deploy mode.

Thanks

SK

Answers

• If you have made changes in your data hub, and these are not reflected in your test model it will cause a failure. You must make the change in the dev model, then sync your test and dev models (I assume you are using ALM in this instance). This will update the structure of your deployed test model so you can successfully import from the hub.

• Hello Jesse,

Thanks for quick around,

Yes, I am using ALM process:
    1. Created the revision tag in data hub model.
    2. Both modules are offline.
    3. while I am clicking the Compare & Sync, I am getting the below error.

error: "No compatible models with revision tags found"

And could you please tell me how do I attach the screenshots here.

Thanks
    Sasikanth
  • If there are no compatible models, that would suggest a change was made to your "test" model after you copied it from your "dev" model, which broke the sync. You can look through the history to track back to any model changes and restore a point prior that that, which should bring them back in sync.

To attach screenshots, there is a button "Choose Files" under the commend box, to the left of the "Cancel" and "Post" buttons, or you can insert a photo into your reply directly. (See attached) 

• Hello Jesse,

Got your answer,

Now as per my requirement I cannot do ALM from data hub model to test directly.... So again I am coming back to my question.

in my dev model and test model properties are same, the import action is working fine in my dev model which is pulling the data from data hub to dev, whereas the same import action is not working to my test model which is pulling it from same dev model.

Thanks
    Sasikanth
  • What is the error you are now getting?

Have you set up this list as a production list in DEV?, if not, so won't be able to update this from the Hub

Could you upload some screen shots of the various stages, it will hlep diagnose the problem

David

• Hello david,

I have 3 models, 1.Data Hub, 2.Dev, 3.Test model.

I am changing my list item name in list(numbered list) in my data hub model and running the import action("ABC list from data hub) from Dev model to see the changed list item name is updated or not? and it is getting success, I am able to see the changes.

Now, I am running the same action("ABC list from data hub) in my Test model(which is in deploy mode), but I'm not seeing any changes updated to the list in Test model.

Note: when I was running the import action in my test model, I am getting the error saying "An internal error occurred and properties were not updated"

I am attaching the screenshots for your reference.

• @CommunityMember82499 ,

So the problem is you don't have the lists marked as Production Data lists (https://help.anaplan.com/anapedia/Content/ALM/Model_Data/Production_Lists.html?_ga=2.70104082.327250813.1553517470-843645507.1553517470)

Essentially, when you are in Deployed mode (ALM), you have the option to mark the list as a Production Data List or not.  What does this mean?  If it is NOT marked as a Production Data List, it means the structure of the list as well as all list members get synced from dev, but it can't be updated by an action in Deployed mode.  If the list IS marked as a Production Data list, it means the structure will sync, but not the members.  With that said, the members of the list will be able to be updated via an action in the deployed model.  Think of it this way:

Indicator List with members of Yes and No.  Usually, you will not have a lot of change in this from Prod source systems or this is an Anaplan specific list that does not change, so this would be a perfect candidate for a Non Production List.

Transactional List which stores the transactional data:  Since the volume changes based on the source system (Prod source system), this would be a candidate for a Production List as the data would/could vary from Dev to Prod.  And, you will need to update this, in your Anaplan Prod module.  Another example would be your Product hierarchy.  Again, since it can change/vary, and needs to be updated from your source system, this most likely should be a Production List.

Hope this helps,

Rob

• Hi Rob,

Thanks for the detailed description,

Now I have got the new problem while I was enabling/marking the production data? in my dev model, I am getting this below error.

Error.PNG

• @CommunityMember82499 ,

So it looks like you have a logic error which is using or hardcoding to a certain member.  So, look for the following:

• Using a Select statement to that member
    • Using the statement If item(list) = that member
    • Do you really need that line item as it looks like a Test.

The reason for this error is you can't always be sure that member will actually be there (from Dev to Production) since they are able to load/modify/delete data to that list.  We cannot allow the user to create a rollback of a model in Deployed mode by deleting a member that is referenced or hardcoded elsewhere.  To get around this and IF you still need this line item, then you can create a SYS module where you have a line item formatted as that list (where the member is entered) and you can use lookup's off of that.

Hope this helps,

Rob

• Hi David/Rob,

Thanks for your detailed description with perfect documentation, those documents are really very helpful, Thank you once again.

Regards

SK

• Hi David/Rob,

Thanks for your detailed description with perfect documentation, those documents are really very helpful, Thank you once again.

Regards
    SK