Data from With time to No time Dimension

elaine.novel
Contributor

Data from With time to No time Dimension

How can i pull a data from a module with time dimension to target module with no time dimension using a finditem mapping made in the source data?

To illustrate, my total sales of 1,000,000 was divided into 3 months(using a time dimension) using a condition that turns the distribution this way:

Jan 20 - 3,000,0000

Feb 20 - 2,000,000

Mar 20 - 5,000,000

I will need to draw this amount using a new list(Month 1, Month 2, Month 3)  in replacement of the time dimension(all other dimensions retained) to arrive to this:

Month 1 - 3,000,000

Month 2 - 2,000,000

Month 3 - 5,000,000

Appreciate if you can assist me on this.

Best Regards, 

Eia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Misbah

@elaine.novel 

Believe it is for reporting purposes. Let me break it into steps for you

Step 1: Create a Mapping module dimensioned by Custom Time and insert one line item formatted as Native Time Period

Step 2: Map it manually by selecting Month 1 against Jan, Month 2 against Feb and so on and so forth

Step 3 : Go to Target module and use the LOOKUP in your formula such as

Source Module. Data Line item[Lookup: Mapping module. Line item]

Note: If your custom list resets after Month 12 (from Month 12 to Month 1 Next year ) then you may need to write a logic in your mapping module instead of doing it manually which will map it months of current year.

Hope this helps

Misbah

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
rob_marshall

@elaine.novel ,

Not sure why you want to do this, but if you have to, create a mapping module (dimensionalized by Time) which maps the Time months to your new custom list of Months (list formatted). 

Hope this helps,

Rob 

Misbah

@elaine.novel 

Believe it is for reporting purposes. Let me break it into steps for you

Step 1: Create a Mapping module dimensioned by Custom Time and insert one line item formatted as Native Time Period

Step 2: Map it manually by selecting Month 1 against Jan, Month 2 against Feb and so on and so forth

Step 3 : Go to Target module and use the LOOKUP in your formula such as

Source Module. Data Line item[Lookup: Mapping module. Line item]

Note: If your custom list resets after Month 12 (from Month 12 to Month 1 Next year ) then you may need to write a logic in your mapping module instead of doing it manually which will map it months of current year.

Hope this helps

Misbah

elaine.novel
Contributor

Thank you Misbah and Rob.. 

aniket9917
Occasional Contributor

@Misbah @elaine.novel @muizzsk9890 

My source module is in number-formatted & mapping (system) module is in list formatted. how can we apply LOOKUP function to achieve this. as you said I followed the steps that you mentioned but step 3 is not working.