Data import from excel to List

HI all,

I am loading data from excel to List and i have blank entries in the excel sheet which has business meaning, hence i am bit struggling to maintain blank entries in the list or how Anaplan recognizes the blank entries from excel records and loads automatically to the list.

-Santosh

Answers

• Hi @CommunityMember128217 ,

can you please share the screenshot or mock-up?

Regards,

Naushad

• HI naushad786 ,

I just want to maintain blank entries into list as this has business meaning behind.

And I have in my excel such entries(Blanks) when i load to list i do not see those blank entries as Anaplan does not recognize it.

Anyway I have Added the excel example in the attachment to get some idea. PFA.

Thanks,
    Santosh

• Hi @CommunityMember128217 - 

Blank Entries meaning - you want to create a action.

The purpose may be, the business don't want to share some data as a file with you.

What you can do is : 

1. Ask for column header(Fixed) - So that you can map accordingly while creating an action.

2. Create a CSV file and add only Column headers and run the action.

Now run the action - you won't get any record in list.

I am not getting what you mean "i am bit struggling to maintain blank entries in the list"

Can you provide some screen shot for better understanding.

Thanks,

Sorna Raja Prabhu

• Hi Sorna Raju,

Not everything in excel file is coming blank. one or two records and it has business meaning.

See below.

I am Loading data to List and i need to see in the list 5 records(O1,O2,O3,O4 and blank)

Organisations

O1

O2

O3

O4

+Santosh

As you attached the screenshot, you can maintain blank entries using Unique ID. for that you need to create a number list display property as "Display Name".

Thanks,

Naushad

in case you keep organisation as a general list as blank, anaplan will fail blank entries when you import into the list

Kanishq17_0-1591185972528.png

this is because anaplan identifies each unique list member by its name in a general list

so you get only the non-blank entries 

if this is feasible or not, bit what you can do is create the organisation list as a numbered list , and add a display name property and map the column org name to the display name property and import using org code,

so it wil create 5 entries with 1 as the anaplan generated id i.e without a display name

Kanishq17_1-1591186339989.png

here as you can see 5 entries are created but if display name is blank, it will show id name 

• You can use 'Combinations of properties' option to upload data and make sure your list is numbered list.