Data type mismatch: format other than LIST or DATE being referenced as a relation

Pilla
New Contributor

Data type mismatch: format other than LIST or DATE being referenced as a relation

Not sure what the issue is!  Please help.

4 REPLIES 4
JaredDolich

Re: Data type mismatch: format other than LIST or DATE being referenced as a relation

@Pilla 

This message means that the format of your line item does not match the result of your formula or you are trying to lookup/sum a value that doesn't match your line item format.

If you want, I'll take a look at your formula. Just let me know also what is the format of the line item.

Jared Dolich
Pilla
New Contributor

Re: Data type mismatch: format other than LIST or DATE being referenced as a relation

I'm trying to solve level 1 certification question 6 and I'm stuck. This is the formula I'm using for medical costs

'EMP02'.Medical Costs[SUM:'SYS08 Module'.Region, SUM:'SYS08 Module'.Role] 

JaredDolich

@Pilla 

A couple of callouts:

• The formula syntax is correct.
  • There should be spaces after the SUM: (after the colon)
  • Make sure your line item format is "NUMBER"
  • Make sure your time scale for the line item is "YEAR"

See if that helps. If not, then send me a screenshot of your REP04

Jared Dolich
Misbah

@Pilla 

What it means is that either your Role or Regions is not list formatted. One or both of them are being referenced as text. Can you please verify if both Region Line item and Roles Line item in SYS08 module are list formatted

Misbah