Date format differs while exporting a file in different type of system (eg.MS Excel and Open office)

Richa123
Occasional Contributor

Date format differs while exporting a file in different type of system (eg.MS Excel and Open office)

Hello,

We have been facing a strange issue while exporting a file from Anaplan in two different systems.

The time dimension format differs when we import a file in MS Excel and Open office.

Is it true that if we implement a project for a customer everyone in the team should have only one type of system ( either MS excel or Open office )?

For example: In the open office it will be the same as Match names 

Richa123_0-1632895727641.png

Whereas in MS Excel it MM-DD-YYY

Richa123_1-1632896181867.png

4 REPLIES 4
Misbah

Re: Date format differs while exporting a file in different type of system (eg.MS Excel and Open off

@Richa123 

Not confident on this but I would believe so. 

This problem may arise only if you are using Periods like MMM YY etc. Having said that I feel that it should be uniform across all systems. Let me tag @MarkWarren 

Misbah

MarkWarren
Expert

Re: Date format differs while exporting a file in different type of system (eg.MS Excel and Open off

The name matching has to be in the format "MMM YY", so in Excel you'd need to set that as a custom formatting. There can be some differences between systems in how they format dates but most systems will allow for a numeric date output which is more commonly recognized. Just a minor thing that Excel has decided to put in a hyphen in their format of "MMM-YY".
Unfortunately Anaplan doesn't allow for a custom name format here, so has to be done at source.

Richa123
Occasional Contributor

Thank you, Will try this approach.

bhubeshrana
Contributor

Change the custom format to "mmm yy" in excel like this

bhubeshrana_0-1632991144680.png