Day level charts

Hey Guys,

I'm working on some day level charts, where i need all days of the year to be on the x axis. On doing this, it errors out saying "Unable to create chart as selection size limit exceeded 200 items per axis, i understand this can be the case for other types of dims, but is there a way to add time/days to the x axis with over 200 days?

Were working on a activity based planning project here, and many of the activities are by day, we need to plot by day over a forecast of at least one year

Thanks,

Nik

Answers

• Hi Nik,

I don't believe there is a workaround to the 200 limit. An increase to 400 does appear to be on the roadmap according to the below idea exchange thread. 

https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/Allow-graphs-to-include-more-than-200-data-points-or-columns/idi-p/40612 

You could set up filters to drive the graph and still show daily granularity but over a shorter time range. 

• Hey,

Thanks for that exchange thread, Yea for now i have some filters setup to get to a 90 day view as a workaround, I've got a support ticket open on this to see what Anaplan can do to extend it to atleast 400, this being a massive big data implementation with forecasts by the day going out many years, going out to 365 is like a minimum ask to be able to see plots by the day. Thanks.

Appreciate it.

Best,

Nik