Default File - See & Use

Hi team,

When discussing the Default file in L2MB the training states setting the Default File sets you can see and use the file. I'm not 100% sure what this is referring to because my understanding is:

- You select between No, Admins Only & Everyone for 'Set Default File'

- You are only able to view the Actions/Imports section if you are a Workspace Admin

- So if you are not Workspace Admin then you cannot 'see' the file which I assume is the file name in the Import section 

Am I misunderstanding the concept of 'see' the file referred to in L2MB

Default File.PNG

Best Answer

• Misbah
    Answer ✓

@MarkTurkenburg 

Here is my understanding on this. As we see there are Three options

1. No, set as private

2. Admins only

3. Everyone

Option 1:If you keep that option as Private it means that when you upload the file it will be visible to you only and no one else. Also it means that if you don’t access once every 48 hours file will be removed by the system and you won’t be able to run the action as an admin from actions command

Option 2: Only Admins will be able to access the default file of an Import if they don’t upload their own file. Meaning admins will be able to run the action

Option 3: Everyone will be able to access the default file of an import if they don’t upload their own file.

Answers

• Thanks @Misbah 

That makes sense. I was confused by the term 'see' as it implied to me that they could download/extract the file but I think it just means they can run the action using that file?