Deleting "unwanted" promotions

Zuzu
edited February 2023 in Modeling

Hello Experts, 

I am encountering issues when rolled over financial year into new one. It looks like the old promotions even thought they were marked for deletion in the "Conditional Investment" tab, they are still in MAS48 modul and causing problems and doubling up the promotions and investments in Profit and Loss planning. 

Could someone please advise how to delete these? Its quite urgent.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Comments

• @Zuzu 

What is the current logic for the Delete line item?  How can you tell if the promotion is not needed anymore?

• they are being pulled from previous financial year. The account managers tried to delete them, in fact they are marked for deletion (on the screenshot i provided the last column is ticked).  They created new promotions relevant for the new financial year. However the system has not deleted those marked for deletion, thus overstating the P/L. 

One solution is to delete line by line from MAS48 but there is 2500 lines for deletion, I cant do it manually. 

• Hi there, 

You might want to cross check if the line item you refer as "marked for deletion" is indeed linked in deletion process/action. You also might want to check if there's any Dynamic Cell Access/ any access right enabled that is preventing you from checking all these promotions and deleting them.

If you want to clear multiple promotions at one go without manually selecting them, you might want to filter the unwanted promotion either from your app pages/dashboard then select the 'Mark for Deletion' header and press Space on your keyboard to check all of them at once.

I've done up some mock ups to give the illustration below.

Option 1: manually select the unwanted promotion and Delete

Screenshot 2021-06-23 at 5.25.44 PM.png

Screenshot 2021-06-23 at 5.26.00 PM.png

Option 2: Filter the unwanted promotion and then select the Column Header and press space on your keyboard then delete the unwanted promotions.

Screenshot 2021-06-23 at 5.26.29 PM.pngScreenshot 2021-06-23 at 5.26.58 PM.png

Hope that helps.