Difference between "Time Period" and "Date."

KOBAYASHI
Contributor

Difference between "Time Period" and "Date."

I have somewhat general question: What is the difference between "Time Period" and "Date" in the context of Anaplan?

Are their data formats different? (if so, could anyone give me specific samples?)

KOBAYASHI_0-1633354944922.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
anand.shekhawat
Super Contributor

Re: Difference between "Time Period" and "Date."

@KOBAYASHI 

'Time Period' and 'Date' are two completely different List Formats. 

Time Period format enables the list to contain only Week, Month, Quarter, Half-Year and Year formatted data. On the other hand Date format enables the list to contain only the Date formatted data.

For example the Time Period formatted line item can contain data such as Jan 21(month), Q1 FY21(quarter), FY21(year)  depending upon what you set while initializing the line item , whereas Date formatted line item can only contain data such as 2021-01-01.

I hope it helps

~Anand

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
anand.shekhawat
Super Contributor

@KOBAYASHI 

'Time Period' and 'Date' are two completely different List Formats. 

Time Period format enables the list to contain only Week, Month, Quarter, Half-Year and Year formatted data. On the other hand Date format enables the list to contain only the Date formatted data.

For example the Time Period formatted line item can contain data such as Jan 21(month), Q1 FY21(quarter), FY21(year)  depending upon what you set while initializing the line item , whereas Date formatted line item can only contain data such as 2021-01-01.

I hope it helps

~Anand

View solution in original post

KOBAYASHI
Contributor

I thought that the only difference between these two data types was the way the data was displayed, just like in Excel.

Your answer clarified my misunderstanding, and I really appreciate it!