Different Dimension of two different modules

Hi, How can we manage to move data from one module to another eventhough thier dimensionality is different? Is there any standard solution approach to this? Regards Wasim Nasir

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Hi Wasim,

This typically can be achieved if there is some sort identifier between the two dimensions, for example: Product and Segment. A product could have Segment as a property. 
    So when you have data in the 1st module by Product and you want to sum the data by Segment in the 2nd module, you can write something like this:

Line Item in 2nd module = '1st Module'.'Line Item' [sum: Product.Segment]
    Give it a try. Let me know if it works.

Regards,
    Leo

Answers

• [quote=Wasim Nasir]How can we manage to move data from one module to another eventhough thier dimensionality is different?
    [/quote]
    Hi Wasim,
    Can you explain what you are trying to do in a bit more detail? Do you mean you want to copy data, or you want to refer to the same line item in another module?
    Thanks
  • [quote=Leo Tadjudin]Hi Wasim,

This typically can be achieved if there is some sort identifier between the two dimensions, for example: Product and Segment. A product could have Segment as a property. 
    So when you have data in the 1st module by Product and you want to sum the data by Segment in the 2nd module, you can write something like this:

Line Item in 2nd module = '1st Module'.'Line Item' [sum: Product.Segment]
    Give it a try. Let me know if it works.

Regards,
    Leo[/quote]Thought I should add in some screens for more clarity.

Let me know if it works.

Regards,
    Leo
  • Hi Can you please Tell how can i bring Revenue by Product by Time( Ist Module) to Revenue By Time level( 2 nd Module) .

Thanks

• Hi Leo,

This is fine when you have like max 10 line items, but if you have 200 line items in your module it becomes so time intensive. Is there a way I can link two modules that have 1 different dimension using maybe a subset? As both modules have the same line items I can easily link them together through a subset but I don't get how to write the formula. Thanks.