Dimensionality

Hi,

I would like to know what is the best approach for building when you have repeated Line Item's. How should you Dimension your Module? Attached is a screen shot of what I'm trying to replicate in Anaplan. 

Thank you 

Tagged:

Best Answers

• JaredDolich
    Answer ✓

@neg177 

Super straight forward. All you have to do is ask yourself what makes the Monday-Friday sections unique. Create a list with those unique values then add it to your "applies to". In your case you'll nest it with M-F as a row. 

Worst case scenario, you can make up a list, like "1", "2". but that doesn't look as nice.

• Yes as @JaredDolich mentioned, this should not be too hard to accomplish.

From the screenshot it appears you have a few chunks of Monday-Friday’s in a month.

If you are able to provide some more insight @neg177 into the meaning behind each Monday-Friday grouping in your screenshot we could perhaps provide more specific guidance. There seems to be a component of Daily Funding but hard to decipher what the rest of the chart is showing exactly.

Notice some averages/aggregations/variance analysis but perhaps you have more business context.

• @neg177 agree with @JaredDolich  as he provides the simplistic explanation towards the solution..... Appreciate @JaredDolich 

To shed a light on the problem statement, @neg177  you have to decide a list (kind of metadata) and by looking into the provided screen print it is Monday to Friday as values in the list and a time dimension in the upcoming module (month wise).

Looks like 3 row items needs calculation (screen print below) so create those as line items in the upcoming module and use the appropriate formulae

CommunityMember126793_0-1616647262754.png

I hope with that you will get the base of your module unless anything else to be tweaked as per need.