Display only the items created by a user (within a list dimension)

Hello, 

Here's what I'm trying to achieve:

Person A: John Smith ([email protected])

List Item: Department: Finance

When John opens the App, he should only see the 4 products he created under the Finance Department list dimension.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Person B: Linda Carol ([email protected])

List Item: Department: Finance 

When Linda opens the App, she should only see the 2 products she created under the same Finance Department list dimension.

Product

Category

Quantity

Microfiber Mop

Cleaning Supplies

Whiteboard

Office Supplies

I know it some configuration with the user's list, but I'm hung up on the actual configuration. How do you think I can achieve this? Thanks. 

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi

Have you tried the selective access?

If you go into the Departments List into the last Tab, You have a Check Box "Enable Selective Access".
    Once it is set to TRUE and saved, you can then go into the Users to maintain access to individual departments by user. 

If you need it on the line Item Dropdown to only show values that belong to the user, you can go to the line item Format, there is a checkbox "Dependent" which you can set to true using another line item as property that holds the values by user. This is also something you can explore.

Let me know if you need more details around any of them.

• Hi @jairamkamath , thanks for the response. I already did the first part (which is the selective access for the department list dimension). 

Can you elaborate more on the:  "Dependent" checkbox in the format of a line item - which you can set to true using another line item as property that holds the values by user.

How do you set this up?

• @sosunkwo 

Hi,

In order to filter list by user who created I recommend following steps:

1. Create a User list formatted property in List and Populate it will the user who created it(Using an action at the time of creation)

2.Cretae a system module dimensioned by User list and your target List which you want to filter.

3. Add 3 line items to the module  - Current User(User List formatted), Created By (User list Formatted), Final Filter(Boolean)

4.Current User Line item will have formula ''Item(Users)", This will give you the current user. Created By line item will refer the property holding the user who created from the list. Filter line item will have formula "Current User=Created By".

5. Use this filter line item in your module to filter out the list.

Thanks

Abhay

• Hi @abhay.kanik , can you expand more on step 1 (i.e. Create a User list formatted property in List and Populate it will the user who created it(Using an action at the time of creation)?

Thanks. 

• @sosunkwo 

Create a property in your list which is will be list formatted with User list.I assume there must be an action which your user is going to run in order to create items in your list in that same input module add a line item to hold user details and import it to list property