Donwload Anaplan File from Cloud

Hi,

I understand we can use Anaplan Connect to download file that has been uploaded.  Can we also do this via Action that is published to a dashboard?  I do not find Action that can download a file.

Regards,

Andre

Answers

• Hi Andre,

If you create an export of a module/view you can save the export definition. This will then appear under the export section of the actions menu. If you create a process and include the export action within it you can then publish this to a dashboard.

Hope that answers your question.

Regards

Adam

• Hi Adam,

Thanks for the quick reply.

It is not about exporting data from module.  I would like to download import file that I have uploaded to Anaplan cloud.  I can do this via Anaplan Connect, but would also like to be able to do it via dashboard.

Regards,

Andre

• @andre.lie

It is not possible to download the file from an action.  And depending on the settings when the file was uploaded, even through Anaplan connect, this might not be possible,  E.g, if the file was loaded as "private", then only the person who uploaded the file will be able to download it through Anaplan connect.

See here for more details

https://help.anaplan.com/anapedia/Content/Import_and_Export/Import_Data_into_Models/Overview_Private_Default_Files.htm

Hope this helps

David

• Hi @andre.lie , can you provide a reference to how you can download the uploaded files using anaplan connect ? I could not find anything in the anaplan connect documentation.

• @kauldheeraj 

I tried this script to download file that was manually uploaded with Default File assigned as Admins or Everyone.  In this example, I downloaded the file to C:\anaplan-connect-1-3-3-5\ folder

@echo off
    rem This example loads a source text file and runs an Anaplan import into a module.
    rem For details of how to configure this script see doc\Anaplan Connect User Guide.doc

set AnaplanUser=":"
    set WorkspaceId=""
    set ModelId=""

set Operation= -file "file_name" -export -execute -get "C:\anaplan-connect-1-3-3-5\file_name"

rem *** End of settings - Do not edit below this line ***

setlocal enableextensions enabledelayedexpansion || exit /b 1
    cd %~dp0
    if not %AnaplanUser% == "" set Credentials=-user %AnaplanUser%
    set Command=.\AnaplanClient.bat %Credentials% -workspace %WorkspaceId% -model %ModelId% %Operation%
    @echo %Command%
    cmd /c %Command%
    pause

Regards,

Andre

• Thanks @andre.lie . that was quick and easy. Appreciate your response.