Drill through from an aggregate module to detail data

Hi.  I have a flat data module at 'opportunity' level, with eg. column for 'division',  'dept', and lots of others at a very granular level (eg. by day).  I have an aggregate module (eg. at division by month) derived from this detail module.  In the aggregate module, I have a list selector that allows me to see division and all it's aggregations at the month level. What I want to be able to do is know which division is selected in the aggregate module, so that I can then filter the detail data to show the component detail data (in effect a drill through) that is used in the aggregate module.  Because the detail data is very sparse, I do not want to put the division (ie. product) dimension on the detail module - what I'd like to be able to do is identify the currently selected division in the aggregate module, and then have a filter calc in the detail module that indicates whether the detail record is currently being used to display data in the aggregate module. I do not see a way to know which division is selected in the aggregate module (ie. the currently selected division in the list). I may be missing an obvious solution or approach, (or maybe adding the product dimension to detail is the only approach) but any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers