Dynamic line charts

Hi - I would like to create line chart showing sales over time. I have over 20 products, so I'd like to show only one product on the chart at a time. Is there a way to make the chart sync with a page selector on the dashboard? Thanks

Tagged:

Answers

• You will want to set your module where your products are in your drop downs, time is in your columns, and line items are in your rows. select the line item you want to chart, and then click on the chart option and select your line chart. At this point, you should get a preview showing your single line item on the graph, and it will be the product you have currently selected in the drop down. If you publish that to a dashboard, the chart will publish with your product dimension in a drop down menu just above the chart. you can either use that drop down to dynamically change your product you are viewing, or have it synchronize with another piece of data on the dashboard to allow you to select a product on another module within that dashboard.
  • [quote=J Bradbury]You will want to set your module where your products are in your drop downs, time is in your columns, and line items are in your rows. select the line item you want to chart, and then click on the chart option and select your line chart. At this point, you should get a preview showing your single line item on the graph, and it will be the product you have currently selected in the drop down. If you publish that to a dashboard, the chart will publish with your product dimension in a drop down menu just above the chart. you can either use that drop down to dynamically change your product you are viewing, or have it synchronize with another piece of data on the dashboard to allow you to select a product on another module within that dashboard.[/quote]
    Alternatively, you could also put the line item on the page so it will dynamically change whenever you select your line items on the table.

Regards,
    Leo