Dynamically push values from numbered List to another

Hello, i want to store values in a module ("Test_1") with a numbered list ("flattened"). Based upon a property ("Hierarchy") of the "flattened" list, i want to get those values in another module ("Test_2") with a normal list ("hierarchy"). The properties of the flattened will be changed very often and dynamically. If a value is stored not on a leaf level (e.g. "flattened" item No. #10) the value of the element needs to be overwritten. I tried everything so far. Composite list will need to change to often to use them. Every help will be much appreciated. Test_1 with numbered list: imageflattened list with property: image Test_2 with hierarchy image

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Hi Moritz

Now I get it :(,

The option we have would be to build dependant lists

1) List 1: A, B, C
    2) List 2: List 1 is parent list and then followed by respective children AA, AB, AC, BA, BB, BC so on
    3) List 3: List 2 is parent list and then followed by respective children AAA, AAB, AAC so on

Keep the Test_1 Module as it is and then have multiple line items in Test_2 Module.

Let Test_2 Module have multiple line items:

In the applies to section of the Test_2 module select required list for each module, Attaching screenshot for your reference.

Answers

• Besides the overwrite feature on a non-leaf-element in the hierarchy, i got it working.
    I added a line-item to the module "Test_1" which displays the "hierarchy" property.
    Then i just used this formula in the module "Test_2": 'Test_1'.Value[SUM: 'Test_1'.Hierarchy

Test_1
    imageimage

Test_2

BUT an overwriting of the non-leaf-elements in the "hierarchy" is still not working. :(

If i set the summary method in module "Test_2"to formula. I get the following error.

• Hi Moritz

The formula at summary works with simple formulas but not with summary funcitons like look up and sum.

If you could let me know your actual requirement, we can see if we have any other option

Like having multiple modules for different levels of hierarchy and then using if funciton to derive the values.
  • [quote]Harish B KHi Moritz

The formula at summary works with simple formulas but not with summary funcitons like look up and sum.

If you could let me know your actual requirement, we can see if we have any other option

Like having multiple modules for different levels of hierarchy and then using if funciton to derive the values.[/quote]Hello Harish,

thank you very much for your answer.

We are working on an insurance volume-planning-model.
    The product department and the distribution department are planning.
    Our problem is, that both departments plan different parameter on each combination of product and distribution channel (two lists).
    The special case is, that for example one department plans on a leaf and the other plans on a knot-level. 
    Thats why an anaplan consultant told me to use a "flattened" list (numbered list) and go back to a hierarchy via my approach.
    We cannot use a composite list. :/

For example:
    • The Product department plans on level "Sach Firmen" (Level 4) and "Haftpflicht Firmen - Bau/sonst" (Level 5).
    • The distribution department plans on level "SH Firmen" (Level 4), "Kraftfahrt FKG" (Level 4) and "Ressort IFK - Industrie" (Level 3)
  • Hi Moritz

I got it. There might be other or simpler methods in dealing with them too but I would like to add few things to your modules to get this work as I would not be able to do it hands on here.

1) Test 1 Module have it as it is
    2) Create a flat list which has all the required list items again as a flat hierarchy and do the sum if, further have the hierarchy value property list item
    3) Test 2 module is not required
    4) Then use the data in the module created in step 2 to do your calculations and link it with the hierarchy property value as a lookup
  • Hi Harish,
    thank you again! :)

I can not follow your thoughts. :(
    Especially the second and fourth step are confusing right now.

Would you mind beeing a little more specific?
  • Hi Moritz

Have two lists with same list names:

1) Flat list with all members and no parents
    2) The list which has the hierarchy
    3) Have your Test_1 Module but hierarchy list would be formatted to the flat list
    4) Create Test_New module with the flat list and use sum function to calculate the values, use one more line item with list format, Hierarchy list (Value being same of the flat list but belongs to hiearchy list)
    5) Link the module in step 4 (Test_New) with the user modules to project the volume using lookup function and then calculate the numbers, since each department and division calculate at different levels it would pick up just the required number

You can even ignore the module with numbered list if you can directly key in the values by each member of the flat list rather than summing up.
  • Hi Harish,

thanks again!
    In the following screenshots, you can see my setting.

It seems like i am missing something. :-/
    In the last module "Test_3" the value for "A" should be 100 as entered in module "Test_1".

Do i have to split the value of 100 to the children of element "A"?
    Can you give me another hint?

Thank you so much so far!

Test_1:

Test_New:

New "User Module" "Test_3":