Establish Relationship between two dimensions

Hi All,

I am trying to figure out the mapping that can exists between two dimension that gets exported from the data base.

One dimension is Profit Center and other Customer Code. These two columns appear as every time data is downloaded.

How can i determine the relationship between both? Is it one to one Mapping or One to Many.

i can do this in excel by running pivots and Count ifs but i want to build this in Anaplan.

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi,

You can do it in a similar way that you would in excel. 

Start with a numbered list which contains the combination of profit center and customer codes, and add a fixed value of one as a record counter:

Fig 1. Profit Center_Customer Code

sean_culligan_0-1602144502436.png

You can then check for the relationships by Profit Center and/or Customer code by adding lists for Profit Center and Customer Code, and then summing the record counter like the below:

Fig 2. Profit Center Properties - showing multiple customers associated with a Profit Center

So here you would point to the Profit Center_Customer Code.Record Counter and sum on the list formatted Profit Center

sean_culligan_1-1602144617827.png

Fig 3. Customer Code Properties - showing a customer is only assigned to one Profit Center

Here you would point to the Profit Center_Customer Code.Record Counter and sum on the list formatted Customer Code.

sean_culligan_0-1602145268398.png