Excel 2017 Addition in Anaplan

Hi Team,

Is there any plan to add Excel 2007 option when we export data from dashboards. We have data more than 60K and excel option will not allow us to export complete data. To be more specific, we don't want to see it in CSV and text.

Regards,

Devika

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi @Devika,

It depends on the export action that you have set to export. For example:- If you have set the export action to export as Excel.xls it will export it. Also, I am sure that the limitation is not just 60k records, because I have worked with far more than that. So, if you don't want csv or txt as export, you can set it as Excel.xls. You have to save the export definition and set it up in a process and publish it in the dashboard.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Adithya S

• Hi Aditya,

Thanks for your reply. Here I am attaching a screen shot which I am getting while exporting data from dashboard. I was trying to create an export definition and its throwing me the error (Error 1 screen shot). There is a limitation for excel but not for xlsx (Excel 2007+). That's the reason I am asking for any updates on excel version upgrade.

Regards,

Devika 

Error 1.JPG

• Hi @Devika,

I am sure that you are using excel format export for some specific purposes. However, is not possible for you to use the export formats? They literally serve all purposes. Yes, I tried the method you said and it seems to me that it is the case. Drop a mail to the Anaplan support team and you will get a quick response. Although, I would still suggest you use the other export formats which serve all purposes. If you still want to use the same format and need a workaround, I think we can manage that. Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Adithya S

• Hi @Devika,

The export options provided by Anaplan are Excel(.xls) and Excel(.xls without formatting). Now, what you have used is Excel(without formatting) option to export your file. The latter option is of Excel 97-2003 workbook, which means that it was an old version and the limit of rows back then was 65536. Whereas, above the excel 2007 and other versions have the limit 1,048,576. I did download the Excel(without formatting) and later checked the properties after the download. In the properties, it is indicating the file property as 'Microsoft Excel 97-2003 worksheet'. What you were using was an older Excel version export.

So to speak, Anaplan had already given both the options for you to choose from. Whether you want it as Excel workbook or not, the option was already there to choose from. 

Hope this helps and solves your answer.

Regards,

Adithya S

• Hi @Adithya S,

Which meanes you are able to export data (more than 65k rows) in xls format. isn't it? If that the case, not sure, why I am getting the error even in xls format. 

In short, I have tried both options (xls and xls without formatting). Both are showing me the limitation of row count. 

Regards,

Devika

• Hi @Devika,

Oh my bad, yes it seems to me that it is the case as you said. Try the below link and post your query to Anaplan enhancement team. Also, drop a mail to support. Let me also dig around a bit to get the solution for this.

https://community.anaplan.com/forums/-/message_boards/category/37848

Regards,

Adithya S

• Hi @Adithya S,

I don't have access to "Start a Topic" on the link which you have provided. However, I will send a note to support team.

Once again Thank you so much for getting back to me.

Regards,

Devika