Excel Add In Filtering for Base Members Only

Hi All,

Has anyone come across the ability to filter only for base members against a hierarchy in the Anaplan excel plugin instead of having to manually deselect all the parents them each time?

The alternative is that I can think of is creating a saved view that only shows base members of the list, however the downside (and the reason why I most likely won't go with this approach) is that the end user is unable to pivot and do ad-hoc analysis via the excel add-in.

Regards,

Winston

Answers

• @wquan 

I don't think so that there is direct way of doing so. However we have one option of selecting or deselecting the entire hierarchy on top right corner of the filter. Probably you may want to select that and uncheck other parents.

Thanks,

Misbah

• Hey Winsent ( you know who this is 😛 )

You can possibly use an excel macro to hide BOLD rows (parent items)

Something like below 

Sub showbold()

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

ActiveSheet.DisplayPageBreaks = False

For r = 1 To ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count

Cells(r, 1).EntireRow.Hidden = Cells(r, 1).Font.Bold = False

Next r

End Sub

• I definitely know who this is 🙂 Thanks for that option... never thought about it. Bit annoying still given there's also a 1 million cell count limit so it bumps it up on loading it into excel, will try it out and see if our stakeholders are OK with it!
  • Thought so! Just making sure I wasn't going crazy.
  • These are great workarounds indeed. @wquan , please feel free to post your suggestion for enhanced filtering functionality on the Idea Exchange