Excel Addin 3.3 - Filter on Line Item

Tried the new Addin, great improvements vs. 3.0 but still the same constraint of 1M cells. With that, I think we really need to have a Line Item filtering function to be able to control # of lines to download. Will this function be added? Thanks.

Answers

• Hi @jim_ma 

I believe there already is a filtering option available for all dimensions (including line items) to bring in only the relevant data required.

Alternatively you could build a saved view with the relevant filter already applied and connect to this through the add-in.

There is also an idea raised to expand the cell limit, you can vote on it here: https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/Excel-Add-in-3-2-increase-cell-extract-count/idi-p/52580

Hope this helps,

Callum

• Callum,

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. First of all, I'm not talking about the dimensional filtering. Instead, the challenge is on filters based on line item values (for a given line).

Understand your workarounds on the saved view. However, many line item filters are user-functions on the dashboards (i.e. filter 'published' on dashboard with sync to the module view). It is not realistic to ask users first change the filter on dashboard, then refresh Excel. Ideally, they should be able to change their filters in Excel directly. Don't you agree?
  • Thanks @jim_ma for the clarification.

I agree it would be interesting to see Anaplan's native filtering as a capability in the excel addin - I think you should raise it as an idea on the Idea Exchange and hopefully we see it soon!

Best,

Callum