Experience with Cloudworks model to model integrations

andrewtye
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Re: Experience with Cloudworks model to model integrations

@DibB : well this is odd, in my model the process is running fine and in history I can see all the impacted list items and module inputs, etc. however in my colleagues model whilst I can see that the actions have been run there isn't the detail behind it even though there are items impacted by the process and when it's run manually the changes flow through in the way you'd expect them to

DibB
Occasional Contributor

@andrewtye We might have to investigate this scenario. Can you please have a support ticket created?

Also, you might want to check out the Common Errors and Solutions section in Anapedia https://help.anaplan.com/f6f94935-6f97-4530-91fb-19ddc06a746c-Common-errors-and-solutions

e.g. Is this an Export that involves Selective Access?

andrewtye

@DibB - it isn't an export. Will get a ticket raised up today. We even deleted the old integration and recreated it in Cloudworks to see if that might help. Is a relatively straightforward import into a list from another list and then delete those items from the second one. The one that does work has about 10 steps in it and works perfectly!

rob_marshall

@andrewtye 

Why are doing an import from a list and not view and then doing a delete?  You should have known I was going to pounce on that!  HA!

Rob

andrewtye

Lolz!

Of course it's not a list to a list... guess that's what happens when you've not had the appropriate amount of tea/coffee in the morning and the words go down on the page incorrectly.

Or was it a massive trap for you? 😂

Khanna
Contributor

Hi @karanAMP 

Cloudworks is more mature from an AWS integration standpoint, and expanding in another integrations bit in the early stages, will get more mature soon.
I did notice the slowness for sure; a simple import action from data hub to spoke model takes less than a minute (tried two methods - using Informatica cloud and manual run from spoke model).

Cloud works took 8 min for the first time and 7 min the second time, not sure how the resources are allocated for cloudworks.

Scheduling is another good feature that will grow more from here.

Khanna_0-1628175257221.jpeg

Khanna
VarunS
New Contributor

This is being actively investigated. Thanks for your feedback.
ashish.banka
Super Contributor

@karanAMP For me, Cloudworks is already a game changer. One of the processes which we were running using an external vender Anaplan connector used to take more than 10X time than the Cloudworks integration and I do agree with @andrewtye that we would be scheduling these jobs off-peak hours, I guess we would be fine with some lag but definitely not 20X.

AB

DibB
Occasional Contributor

@karan Can you please create a support ticket? Your issue sounds similar to something we are currently investigation but we would like to be doubly sure. Thank you for your patience!

karanAMP
Contributor

@DibB  we found another quirk with cloudworks and it has been raised with anaplan . 

Use case :- we had a test model where we were testing cloudworks integartions . We then arhcived the model however cloud works were still running in the backgroud for some reasons . Cloudworks tried looking for the model and consumed all the memory which brought down the entire workspace down . users were unable to log in 

So we had to disable cloud works integrations for that model manually . 

Hope this helps someone