Export action not working

HI,

I created an export button and used March period when I created the export action. Now I published the button in the dashboard. In the dashboard I selected period June and clicked the Export button. I was expecting that June period will be exported but the exported data is for March period. How do we sync the export button to export the data selected in the page selector on the dashboard?

Thanks,

Ana

Best Answer

• Constantin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Ana22 ,

In this case, I would show all the months in the export module but add a filter boolean that shows only the month that the user selects in the dashboard.

On short:

Step 1. Create a Boolean in the module from which you will export. This will be used later as a filter

Costa_0-1594042282940.png

Step 2. Link the cell where the User is selecting the month (below image) to the Filter Boolean from the Export Module by adding a formula (above image)

Costa_0-1594042552737.png

Step 3. In the Export Module, in the view for export add the filter based on the boolean

Costa_1-1594042328371.png

The Dashboard Should look something like this (below image). If you select a month and run the export, it should only export what was selected.

Costa_0-1594042820443.png

Please let me know if I wasn't clear enough. Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Costa

Answers

• Hi Ana,

Export views cannot be modified after creating the export action
    If you want to allow users to export a particular month, remove the time dimension from your export module, use the LOOKUP formula to load data into a line item for that particular month.Ex: Data[LOOKUP: Select Month]

Then publish the 'Select Month' line item in a dashboard for users to modify.
    This solution doesn't apply in all cases, so let me know if you need more help setting this up

Regards,
    Anirudh

• Thanks! But I don't think I can create a separate export module with no time dimension as we have limited WS. We need to have the time dimension in the module that I need to export and user only needs to export the data of the selected month. Is there another way? Thanks for your help 🙂
  • Hi Ana,

I think there was a misunderstanding! We only remove the time dimension from the module so that the user can select which month he wants to export. The data is then exported only for the selected month

Here's what I meant:

A module which contains the data to be exported (with time dimension)

anirudh_0-1594042077042.png

An export module (without time dimension)

anirudh_1-1594041716198.png

I then apply a lookup formula to this line item (Create and save an export action from this module)

anirudh_2-1594041852351.png

This is the Select Time (no dimensions on this module)

anirudh_3-1594041900312.png

If I change this selection to May 20, this is what the Export module looks like

anirudh_4-1594041941721.png

So an export action from this module along with publishing the Select Time.Month line item to a dashboard, should work for you

Regards,

Anirudh

• If in the model , time dimension is already available due to that your process (dynamic filter) for export is not working , can you advice a new process