Export run - You are not authorised to run

Hi Team,

My requirement is to extract the data from exports and load it into the snowflake.

Currently in Postman I used the post method and create the export task

https://api.anaplan.com/1/3/workspaces/8a81b0945cdbe1ec015ce678a3f60051/models/420BD91A05144xxxxxxxxx/exports/11600xxxxx/tasks

Once I received the task id I used get method to run the exports

https://api.anaplan.com/1/3/workspaces/8a81b0945cdbe1ec015ce67xxxxxxxx/models/420BD91A051443C6ADACxxxxxxxxx/exports/11600000xxxxxx/tasks/8C0D39D0D7554000B1947F7728xxxx

But I am getting the response as below:

{

"taskId": "8C0D39D0D7554000B1947F7721xxxx",

"currentStep": "Failed.",

"progress": 0.0,

"result": {

"details": [

{

"localMessageText": "You are not authorised to run xxxxx.xls",

"occurrences": 0,

"type": "notAuthorised"

}

],

"failureDumpAvailable": false,

"objectId": "116000000005",

"successful": false

},

"taskState": "COMPLETE"

}

Please let me know how to fix the issue.

Thanks

KAndasamy

Best Answer

• anirudh
    Answer ✓

Can you please check if the user role has Read/Write access to the module from which the data is exported. Ex: the action is exporting data from a module called REP02; please check in the Roles -> Modules tab if the access to the module has been given

image.png

Answers

• Hi,

Please check in Users -> Actions tab if the account role being used for the GET call has access to the export action.

image.png

Regards,

Anirudh

• Hi Anirudh

I checked the Users -> Actions tab  the users are  having export privileges as you have shown in the screenshot.

In the Postman when I run the export I am getting response as "You are not authorized to run xxxx.xls "

Thanks

Kandasamy

• Can you confirm you have the authorization included in the headers similar to the attached? 

You can:  1.  create the Post request to generate the key   2.  append that to the Token in the value column and run your request.

Let me know if that helps.

Jt

• To get this message there must be a problem with role-based access - either for the export or the source data (module or list).