Exporting data to different tabs in excel

I'd looking for something that I think I've seen in other systems referred to as "explode" functionality, which would effectively create a new excel tab for every list item and export to that tab.  So, if I have a department list (for example), I'd like to export data to excel and have a tab show up with the data for each of the departments.  This isn't the exact example I'm looking for (in fact, the example I'm looking for has about 100 items in the list), but this should give you a sense of what I'm looking for.

Thanks,

Josh

Answers

• @jbrass ,

Not sure this is exactly what you are looking for, but when you export data, you can set the action to export all members of the list.

2019-06-27_16-47-03.png

Which gives you this...but it does not rename the tabs

2019-06-27_16-47-50.png

2019-06-27_16-48-09.png

2019-06-27_16-48-23.png

2019-06-27_16-49-03.png

This is about the best we can do right now.

Thanks,

Rob

• Thanks Rob, that is helpful, and I somehow never noticed that feature before.  This doesn't exactly solve what I need though.  I have an L1 list and an L2 list.  If L1 was customer and L2 was product, then I'm looking to export the data related to the 1st L1 item to excel, and then have the same happen in the 2nd tab but for the 2nd L1 item.  Basically, if I have a dashboard which syncs on the L1, but shows both the L1 and L2 levels, then I'm looking for an excel tab that mimics what happens every time I select a new L1 item.  Does that make sense?

Thanks,

Josh

• Is there a way to rename the tabs yet?