Exporting into multiple files/tabs

CommunityMember113484
Occasional Contributor

Exporting into multiple files/tabs

Hi,

I have a module that is dimensioned by product. I would like to export this module for each product in a single excel workbook, with each product on a new tab. Is this possible?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MagaliP
Community Boss

Re: Exporting into multiple files/tabs

You can use the multi-sheet connection functionality in the Excel Add-in (it was released in 3.4 and is also available in 4.0)

Magali Pelissier, Product Manager - Extensions (Excel Add-in, PowerPoint Add-in, Google Sheets Add-on)
Check out our dedicated Community page in the Platform section!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MagaliP
Community Boss

You can use the multi-sheet connection functionality in the Excel Add-in (it was released in 3.4 and is also available in 4.0)

Magali Pelissier, Product Manager - Extensions (Excel Add-in, PowerPoint Add-in, Google Sheets Add-on)
Check out our dedicated Community page in the Platform section!

View solution in original post

CommunityMember113484
Occasional Contributor

Hi, Thanks for this - I've just downloaded the addin and I can only see it by a single product (as in the model builder view), but how do I get a new product per tab? Thanks
ChrisHeathcote
Community Boss

@CommunityMember113484 

Sadly I do not think this is possible via the UX or modelling environment.

However, I would explore using the add ins for Excel where you can create a dynamic link into your model and have the Excel update directly within Excel.

Chris Heathcote
Bedford Consulting

Gold Partner and Regional Partner of the Year 2021, EMEA
ashish.banka
Super Contributor

@CommunityMember113484 While exporting, Pivot the product dimension into Pages. Now you can use Export>Grid Layout option and select "All Pages" radio button to export all the products data in single workbook with each product in separate tabs.

Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 8.44.52 PM.png

Hope this helps

AB