Failed to retrieve field list from the selected data source. Please check your import settings and

Hi 

I'm received this error and it took a while to work out what it was. 

In the "Source Models" it was pointing to the wrong environment, this is confusing because I could still see the "Saved Views" to click on, it would bail out straight after that with the error.

The complete error is:

"Failed to retrieve field list from the selected data source. Please check your import settings and try again."

Hopefully this will help someone when they google the error!

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi @CM 

Can you please post some screenshots here? Not really clear about the problem.

• Hi @CM - To overcome this error

1. Re-upload your saved view.

Capture.JPG

2. Select your action and Click edit button and do all the mappings once again.

Capture1.JPG

Finally execute the action.

Thanks,

• Thanks for you responses, 

However I think you misunderstand, The error was solved by changing the "model source".  I posted this,  not because I needed help, but because the error message is ambiguous and took a while to find the answer. Hopefully when someone now googles the same error, they will find this post an know how to resolved it.

Regards

Carrick

• Hi @CM , 

I'm getting this same error but not sure where you changed it. Did you change it on the Source Model tab (settings > source models) OR the Import Data Sources, under actions (settings > actions > import data sources)?

• Hi @datafinalytics  - yes, you have to change the mapping in settings -> Source models. Click on Edit mapping and map it to the correct workspace/model.

Thanks,

Mahi

• Thanks for the reply! I ended up not even changing the mappings. I just copied new models, archived the previous models, and was able to follow the directions from there. I think it was a bug in the original model download.

Thanks!

• I had to complete delete the actions in order to reimport the data from the other model. I tried changing sources, but I had to delete the actions and then the sources.

• 'I had to complete delete the actions in order to reimport the data from the other model. I tried changing sources, but I had to delete the actions and then the sources.'

This is what i had to do in the end for it to work even after trying everything above.

• Thank you @CM

Your prediction was spot on!. I googled the error message and found this page. I was able to solve the problem immediately.

Many thanks.

• Thank you @CM.

Your post was really helpful!