Fetching data from one module to other module

Hi Team

I have one module called SAP inventory detail which consists of one numbered list, and other module called Aggregate Demand schedule which consists of another numbered list. I need to fetch the line item called demand from Aggregate Demand Schedule to SAP inventory Detail module.
Can anyone please help me on this.

Thanks Shirisha.

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi ,

In order to pull the demand , you need to have mapping of the aggregated planning dimension in SAP inventory Detail module for LOOKUP.

Pls Share screenshots to help further.

Regards,

~ABhi

• @1635834 

Just to add to @abhi1017 you will either use LOOKUP or most likely SUM if the dimensions of your target module are different. If you are using the same dimensions, you can just reference it.

Remember this point though. Very important... In order to use SUM, you will have to reference a list formatted line item, preferably from a System Module. (See DISCO). That list formatted line item MUST be one of the dimensions (lists) in your TARGET module. 

You got this @1635834 If you need any help writing the formula, send a note here. Also, make sure you tell us what the lists you are using in the SOURCE module (SAP) and the TARGET module.

• Hi Jared

Please find below attached files which contains target and source modules as well as lists.

To use lookup or sum we need list formatted line item(Target list) in source module or vice versa. I tried that by using finditem function.

But Finditem function won't works for numbered lists. So I tried to fetch the code of target or source lists, so that I thought that I can use finditem by using that code.

But I am not able to fetch the code as source list is containing some random numbers in code and target list is containing some "batch number" in which that information is not there is source module.

Is there any other way that we can map them other than using Finditem function.

Thanks

Shirisha.

• Hi @1635834 

As per the screenshots shared, the list don't seem to have a commonality.

Is there any mapping data available.?

Just a thought:-  It seems that both the list have part similarity in codes, try finding a mapping in this way if you don't have any readily available.

~ABhi

•  

@abhi1017 

Ok, I think I understand now. The screenshots really helped.

Anaplan cannot "guess"  the mapping so you have to explicitly define the relationship between those two lists in order to join them, just like with any relational table. 

The best strategy here is to first decide if there is a 1:many mapping between the lists. If so, you're in luck and this will be an easy exercise. If there is a many:many relationship, you're in for quite a challenge. 

1:1 or 1:many.

• In this case victory is achieved by getting the TARGET module's list mapped.
    • So in your system module for your SOURCE create a list formatted line item, maybe called TARGET MAP,  that uses the TARGET list.
    • Assign each SOURCE line item to the correct TARGET line item.
    • Now, in the TARGET module use the SUM function. Your formula will look like this:  TRANSACTION LINE ITEM[SUM: SYSTEM MODULE.TARGET MAP]

Many:Many

• If at all possible try to have this done outside of Anaplan because you'll have to create a two dimensional mapping module in order for this to work. It's not pretty.
    • If you have to use Anaplan, be prepared for a large module and a lot of headaches.
    • Create a module that uses both the SOURCE list and the TARGET list
    • Create two line items, one that has the allocation percentage and one that has the calculated value.
    • For each mapping, you will need to assign an allocation percentage of the SOURCE to each TARGET. The allocation percentages must total 100% for each SOURCE value.
    • Example: If you have SOURCE: A (100) and B (200) and TARGET C and D. A is 60% to C and 40% to D. B is 20% to C and 80% to D. So C = 100 (60+40) and D = 200 (40 + 160).
    • Now in your TARGET module you can use the SUM function on the calculated value in your mapping module.