File imported in random order

Hi

I am importing a .csv file into my list .The file got imported succesfully,but I see the records are not in the same order as in the .csv file. ex. The first record in the .csv file appears in the middle of the record set in the list.

Is there anyway , I can insist the records in my list are appearing in the same order as in my .csv file?

I have attached the screen shots of my .csv and the list .

Thanks

Regards

Prabakaran

Answers

• Hi Prabakaran,

Are you importing into the sku list using combination of properties or code?

Is there any specific reason you want the list members to appear in the same order as the CSV file?

After uploading, you can use the sort function in Anaplan to force a particular order of appearance..

Regards,

Anirudh

• Hi Anirudh

Thanks for the update.We have dashboards that are pulling the data from the sku config workbnench, and Business has a use case where they want to have the dashboard displaying the data in the same order that the .csv file has.

Hence, we want to have the records imported into workbench as it is in .csv file.

Thanks

Regards

Prabakaran

• Hi Prabakaran,

Please try deleting the whole list and re-uploading the file; ideally the list members must appear in the same order.

If that doesn't work, please try the following:

In the module where you want to specify the sort order, create a line item called sort dimensioned only by the sku config workbench list (remove all the other dimensions). Then specify 1,2,3 etc for each SKU in the same order as the csv file. Then use Anaplan's Sort function based on this line item and republish the module to the dashboard

Example list before:

image.png

Example after sorting (click on the 'Sort' line item and simply apply the Sort)

image.png

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Anirudh

• Hi Prabakaran,

Please try deleting the list and re-upload it. Ideally, it should be in the same order as the file.

If that doesn't work please try the following:

Create a new line item dimensioned with only sku config workbench (remove all other dimensions). Then fill this line item with sequential 1,2,3... etc in the same order as in the file. Then use Anaplan's Sort based on this line item

Before Sort:

image.png

After Sort based on the Sort line item above (Just click Sort, ignore settings and click OK)

image.png

Then just hide the Sort line item and republish the module to the dashboard

Let me know if this helps!

Regards,

Anirudh

• Hi @pnataraj 

Please delete the list and try re-uploading it. If this doesn't work use the Sort function in the module (Sort function should be based on a line item as per the .csv file). And republish this to the dashboard.