Filter List Hierarchy of non-composite list in the UX

Hello!

I have found very gentle and beautiful solutions for filtering lists if they are composite ones, but i am struggling to build a filter for a-non composite list which has 5 levels of detalization.

Hierarchy looks like this:

tonybol_0-1622648420366.png

And in Anaplan it looks like this (client does not want a composite list, he wants it in this way)

tonybol_1-1622648602115.png

My goal is to be able to have a filter like in the picture below

tonybol_2-1622648636287.png

Would be grateful for any ideas/help.

Thank you very much in advance!

Anton

Answers

• Hi @tonybol ,

Please take a look at this.

hierarchyfilter.pnghierarchyfilter_Blueprint.png

This may help you.

Regards,

Taichi

• Hi @tonybol 

I built something similar to @Amaya but i just added a bit more descriptions.

LipChean_Soh_0-1622681589733.png

1. 'INP Select Level' is where you make your selection. Notice that 'SYS Ragged List.Display?' becomes TRUE accordingly.

LipChean_Soh_1-1622681673569.png

1. A ragged list (non composite list) same with yours is built.

LipChean_Soh_2-1622681723273.png

1. '1' is added to 'Final Level' because members such 'Revenue' and 'Costs' do not have parents.

2. Note that the summary method for all line items are 'Formula'.

3. And because the summary method for 'Display?' is also 'Formula', i cannot use LOOKUP to make this formula more dynamic than what you see, i.e. 

INP Select Level.'L1?' AND Final Level = 1 OR INP Select Level.'L2?' AND Final Level = 2 OR INP Select Level.'L3?' AND Final Level = 3 OR INP Select Level.'L4?' AND Final Level = 4 OR INP Select Level.'L5?' AND Final Level = 5

LipChean_Soh_3-1622681860762.png

1. Blueprint of 'INP Select Level'.

Please let your stakeholders know that while Ragged Hierarchies are more compact, a lot of workaround such as the one shown here is needed. Your stakeholders need to know the pros and cons of ragged vs composite hierarchies.

Thanks,

LipChean