Finding Items in a list basis common properties with another list

I am trying to assign Parent to a particular list in a module(basically identify the parent and then create a new list basis the established parent-child relationship):

List 1

List 2: to be used for Parent List

List 3: To be created using items of List 1 as child and List 2 as parent respectively

The mapping logic is somewhat like this:

1. Line Item A and B are present in my current module(list formatted) which is dimensioned by List 1
  2. Same line items A and B are present in another module, which is being dimensioned by List 2
  3. What I want is that for list item of list 1 in module 1, I check if the combination of A and B is present for some list item of List 2 in the other module
    1. If yes, I assign List 2 item as a parent to List 1 item

However, I want this to be dynamic i.e. the A and B columns are user driven so will be changed very frequently. Hence creating a mapping list wouldn't help as one would need to update that with every change. 

What would be the ideal way to go about it?

Tagged:

Answers

• HI @ankit_cheeni,

I hope this will fix your issue. Follow the below steps,

Step 1: Create one line item in your Mod 1 (List 2 formatted).

Finding Items in a list basis common properties with another list 3.PNG

Step 2: Create a module with 2 dimension that has been used in both modules for comparison. Then create a line item and put the formula as below SS.

Finding Items in a list basis common properties with another list.PNG

Step 3: Create a line item in Mod 2 (List 1 dimension) and put the formula as per below pic,

Finding Items in a list basis common properties with another list 1.PNG

Let me know if you have any doubts. Happy to help you!!

Regards,

Kavin.