Fixed Export Destination

Hi Team,

Is there a way that I can set a fixed Directory destination for an Export Action?

I want to always extract to the same directory so the data can be referenced by an Excel Macro

Thanks

Mark

Best Answer

• VIGNESH.M
    Answer ✓

Hi Mark,

Yes, with Anaplan connect we can save the export in the predefined directory.

~Vignesh M

Answers

• Hi Mark,

Are you using Anaplan connect?
  • Hi,

No I was just Exporting using the Actions and was going to use a Macro to drag the data into a seperate Excel file

Could Anaplan Connect handle this operation better?

Thanks

• Yes, with Anaplan connect you can use an argument to specify a permanent destination. Then just click the batch script and the export will land in the folder where you want to execute the macros

Here's an example export script:

@echo off
    set AnaplanUser="Anaplan.User@anaplan.com:Password"
    set WorkspaceId="8a1234567897c12b014bf01234567890"
    set ModelID="CD1234D60CA84E9A123C1C5D061C1234"
    set Operation=-export "Employee by Department.xls" -execute -get "C:\Employee.xls"
    rem *** End of settings - Do not edit below this line ***
    setlocal enableextensions enabledelayedexpansion || exit /b 1
    cd %~dp0
    if not %AnaplanUser% == "" set Credentials=-user %AnaplanUser%
    set Command=.\AnaplanClient.bat %Credentials% -workspace %WorkspaceId% -model%ModelId% %Operation%
    @echo %Command%
    cmd /c %Command%
    pause

You can define the destination using the get part of the script

However, you will need Java for Anaplan connect to run

Let me know if you need addtional help setting this up

Regards,

Anirudh

• Hi

Assuming you are using Chrome as your browser 

I use Chrome extension called download router using which you can default your download location by file type , web address and many other things 

I use anaplan.com as domain and specify where the file is to be downloaded . When i run export action from anaplan it downloads to my specified directory 

hope this helps 

• Thanks Anirudh!

• The problem with this is that the Anaplan connect scripts are outside the Anaplan environment

So you use Anaplan then have to got to run a batch file elsewhere, would be nice to have it contained within the environment.

Unless there is a way to embed an Anaplan Connect script within a dashboard??