Formula Error

Hi 

Pls can you help :

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The formula for 'EMP02 Employee Expenses By Dept & Role'.Bonus is invalid:

Bonus = IF Employed? THEN Salary * 'EMP03 Employee Drivers by Role'.Bonus %[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Department, LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Role] ELSE 0

'EMP03 Employee Drivers by Role'.Bonus % is not a recognized line item or list member

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it something to do with the data type? if so is it in SYS08 or EMP03.

Appreciate your help.

Regards

Richard

Best Answer

• Misbah
    Answer ✓

@rmat066sysf 

If you look at your formula your module name is EMP03 Employee Drivers by Role which is the correct name but in your screenshot name of the module is EMP03 Employee Drivers by Dept & Role.   Change the name of  your module to EMP03 Employee Drivers by Role  and your formula should work.

Let me know if it doesn't.

Answers

• @rmat066sysf  

Initial reaction : Looks like you have written/typed the name of your line item Bonus % in your formula. Can you just refer and click on the line item Bonus % . I think it needs to be in single quotes as it contains a special character %.

• rmat066sysf_0-1599543978068.png

Thanks, that the screen shot of my formula. Thanks for your help, still get the same error.

• @rmat066sysf 

Can you please check the format of the line items in your SYS08 Employee Details module

1. Department - has to be list formatted on Departments

2. Role - has to be list formatted on Role

• Hi Misbah

SYS08 Data is imported from a emplee detail by role txt file that has Role populated,  so the format cannot be a list:Role...i guess.

• @rmat066sysf 

Sir, you got to make it list formatted in order for LOOKUPs to work. You can import into list formatted line item as well. 

• EMP02.pngEMP03.pngSYS08.png

IF Employed? THEN Salary * 'EMP03 Employee Drivers by Role'.Bonus %[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Department, LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Role] ELSE 0
    IF Employed? THEN 'EMP03 Employee Drivers by Role'.Car Allowance[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Department, LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Role] ELSE 0
    IF Employed? THEN 'EMP03 Employee Drivers by Role'.Phone Allowance[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Department, LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Role] ELSE 0

IF Employed? THEN 'EMP03 Employee Drivers by Role'.Medical Benefit[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Department, LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Role] ELSE 0

Hi Misbah

changed format to list:Role in SYS08 

Attached are the screen shots of blueprint view, and the formula's that returns an error.  Appreciate your help.

Thanks