Formula error - dimension issue

Hi,

Can someone assist with a formula error I'm receiving?

I currently have 3 modules (see attached), and in the third module, I'm trying to calculate the number of meetings by entity and product.  The error message I receive is: Dimension of mapping used for aggregation doesn't match any dimension of the source.

My formula is: 'C_Meetings by Entity'.Total Meetings[SUM: 'C_Meetings by Entity'.Product]

Can someone please direct me to where I'm going wrong?

Thanks in advance

Answers

• You are summing by product which seems un-necessary as you have products in all source modules.

However if module 1 is the source, you don't have entity here so you'd need to SUM of an entity property (individual can be mapped to entity maybe ?)

• Hi @CommunityMember113484 

I am not sure about your proper use case & calculation, I have tried to replicate your scenario

as you already mentioned about the modules on top of it i have created one mapping module & one to find the meeting count.

Screenshot_458.png

Screenshot_463.png

Screenshot_459.png

Screenshot_460.png

Screenshot_461.png

Screenshot_462.png

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Akhtar

• Ah okay I see.  So in my Module 1 now, I have both meeting ID, individual, product and entity. 

In module 3 which attempts to sum total meetings product and entity, I'm still getting the same error? 

•  

You need to bring the dimension of "Meeting" into module 3. In module 3 try creating a line item that is dimensioned by "Meeting". Then in your formula SUM on that new line item. 

• Hi, I think i need a bit more guidance!

So my source module is: 

CommunityMember113484_0-1599745707842.png

My calculation module is below: 

CommunityMember113484_1-1599745789618.png

And this is where I'm struggling with summing the meetings by legal entity and products!

Thanks in advance,

•  

you need to sum on the meeting mapping of your source module (and product, I think you should add that dimension to your LI item so it is the same as your module)