'Formula' sum for 'list'-formatted line item

Hi all,

This article ( https://help.anaplan.com/anapedia/Content/Modeling/Build%20Models/Summary_Methods.html ) claims that list formatted line items can have 'formula' as summary type.

screenshot.25.png

In reality it does not work for me. If I try to set summary type to formula - system tells me to enter formula first. I do that and try again: 

screenshot.26.png

I get the error.

The logic behind this formula is very simple. I have 2 lists with identical items, one of them is flat, with no parents. I want this formulat to take an item name from multilevel list and find corresponding element in second list (flat one). This formula makes sense for both leaf level and aggregated level items, but I can't get it to work.

Any ideas are welcome.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• harish_bk
    Answer ✓

Hi YS

Since the parent list is coming from different List (The one selected as parent in configuration) you will have this issue.

If you could give us the requirement we can see how we can help you with a workaround.

Answers

• Hi,

Change the lineitem format to "Account Hierarchy Deleveled". It will work as expected.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Pavan

• That is how it was from the very beginning

screenshot.27.png

• If the dimension is "Account Hierarchy" and the lineitem format is "Account Hierarchy Deleveled", then the formula "FINDITEM(Account Hierarchy Deleveled, NAME(ITEM(Account Hierarchy)))" should work fine.

Regards,

Pavan

• Yes it should. And it does. But only for leaf level elements. As soon as I switch sum method to 'formula', I get error

• This is how it worksscreenshot.29.png

I need it to work on aggregates as well

• Thanks!

This is most probably the right answer. If it's not - I'll post an update.