Formula to populate lime item with months for a selected year

Sneha
Contributor

Formula to populate lime item with months for a selected year

Hello All

I have a Masterfile module that has lines items that use a select function to get the data for a specific month. However, I am now trying to make the module dynamic. This means that the end user can select a year and the module is updated with the months in the selected year. 

I have created a "Masterfile - Time" module were the desired year can be selected but what formula can I use to populate the line items with the months of the selected year? 

Secondly, please find attached an image of the how to the formula is the masterfile uses a LOOKUP function to the Masterfile-Time module.

Please let me know if any further clarification is needed.

Many thanks in advance! 

What formula should i use to get Feb and Mar filled in?What formula should i use to get Feb and Mar filled in?The module looks up on the appropriate month in the Masterfile-Time moduleThe module looks up on the appropriate month in the Masterfile-Time module

11 REPLIES 11
ChrisAHeathcote
Community Boss

The non-time dimensioned data should show alongside the 'revenue' line item in the same fashion as any other line item.
The fact that time has been added as a dimension should not have an impact on no-time dimensioned data.
Chris
HeathcoteAndHerran.com
Sneha
Contributor

Hi @DavidSmith 

Thanks for your response. 

Unfortunately some of the other line items in the masterfile module are not dimensionalised by time hence I have to use a SELECT for the time-related line items.

I think the NUX I will be able to do this instead of having, say, synchronised scrolling on a dashboard.

Thanks,

Sneha