This would be a checkbox. If checked, delivered items disappear from the grid. If unchecked, all items display on the grid.
Hide Delivered Items?
Hello, I'm trying to have a Boolean checkbox that allows me to hide the rows with Delivered status in the new UX. This will allow the business planner to focus on the rows with items that are yet to be shipped or in transit, but also still have the option of seeing all items by unchecking the "Hide Delivered items?" box)
Hi, @JaredDolich , I want to make sure I understand the steps here:
1. Create a Boolean formatted line item (i.e. Hide Delivered Items?)
2. In the transaction module, create a line item (I'm assuming this would be Boolean as well) to looks for the "Hide Delivered Items" checkbox. I assume this would have a formula such as IF Hide Delivered Items? THEN TRUE ELSE FALSE?
3. Add the filter (from step 2) to the saved view?
Thank you all for the inputs. I've created the functionality and it works as expected. I also know about using the filter icon on the grid, but I've found that some users prefer to see a filtering option in plain sight, and that requires minimal effort from them 🙂
My Solution (just in case anyone stumbles on this question and needs to know my step-by-step solution):
- Created a Systems Module, called SYS Shipping Status Details with the Shipping Status list as a dimension.
This module has one line item called Shipping Status with a formula: ITEM(Shipping Status) to get the corresponding shipping status value
- Next I created a User Filters Module with the Users List as a dimension. In blueprint view, under the Users Lists column, I set Show All to Off.
This module has one Boolean-formatted line item called Hide Delivered Items?
Then, in the Transaction Module, I created two extra line items. The first line item Delivered? has a formula: Shipping Status = Shipping Status.Delivered. Returns true if the item has a delivered status, else false.
The second line item is Delivered Item Filter and has the formula: IF User Filters.Hide Delivered Items? THEN NOT Delivered? ELSE TRUE
In the same Transaction Module, I created a Saved View for the dashboard with a filter "Delivered Item Filter is equal to ✔ "