To reduce the manual operations you can create a process that, if launched, can automatically update Version mapping:
It is not a perfect solution as the process needs to be triggered, but at least this can reduce the modifications made manually.
1. Create a Dummy Versions list
2. Create an action to delete ALL elements from Dummy Versions ( Action VER1. Delete)
The Delete action will ensure that the versions present in "Dummy Versions" will match with the versions from Anaplan Versions.
3. Create an import action to update the "Dummy Versions" list from a module based on Anaplan Versions. ( Action VER2: Update Dummy Versions List)
4. Create and import from a module based on "Dummy Versions" with a line-item formatted as TEXT containing the same Dummy Version name into a module based on Anaplan Version which has an Input line-item TEXT ( VER3: Update Version Mapping). As Dummy Version names coincide with the Anaplan Versions, the import will update in the TEXT line-item the same name as the Anaplan Versions.
5. Create a process that launches in sequence the actions VER1, VER2, VER3
6. You can launch manually this process at the moment of renaming/adding the weekly versions or create a scheduling in CloudWorks to automatically launch the process from Step 5.