Getting different values while copy pasting special characters(&,<,>) from Anaplan to Excel

Getting different values while copy pasting special characters data from Anaplan to Excel.

Data copied from Anaplan is as follows:

Banked T&I % should be fixed/ is missing

Savings <= UNRISKED please fix

Data pasted to excel is as follows:

Banked T&amp;I % should be fixed/ is missing

Savings &lt;= UNRISKED please fix

This doesn't happen while exporting, only while copy pasting the data.

End users prefer copy pasting as to avoid the small Lag that happens while exporting the data. Is their a solution to this as business uses this frequently?

Tagged:

Answers

• @feroze 

I do not believe there is a quick fix for this.

But by understanding what you are trying to achieve we may be able to come to a different solution.

Are these error codes? If so you could create a list in Anaplan which would default to required item when you user copies into the cell. This would only work if the error codes/messages are consistent across your organisation. 

• Hi Chris
    My bad, I'm actually having this issue from while copying from Anaplan to Excel.
  • I assume these are part of formulas. If you create a test line item and copy that formula into the test line item, it will copy cleanly to Excel.
  • @dgingras Yes!! actually they are validation errors used for conditional formatting, These Line items are published in dashboard and are not getting copied as is from Anaplan to Excel.