HELP! Anaplan not working

I'm having issues using Anaplan through excel.

I log into Anaplan through excel and I then click on New to open a new pivot table.

At this point, a message appears just below which says "This worksheet does not have a connection to Anaplan."

A second window opens but the window is grey and nothing seems to happen.

Has anyone experienced this issue before and is there a way to resolve this? I need to connect to Anaplan through excel and not through the online link.

Thanks

Answers

• @hemal 

+adding @MagaliP 

I've never experienced that particular error but here's some suggestions you might try.

• Check to make sure you're on the right version of the Excel Add-In
    • Logoff and close Excel. Open up Excel again.Log back in.
    • Make sure you actually have access to the workspace and model you're after by logging on to the Anaplan front door.
    • Log a ticket with support@anaplan.com

Did your connection work in the past? If so, we just need to figure out what changed.

Anyway, some ideas for you.

• @hemal 

It works perfectly fine for me. Can you try working in different workbook

• Have you ever successfully connected through the add-in on this network ?
  • I have used Anaplan through excel on this version and using these add ins before. I still cannot access Anaplan through excel. I keep getting a blank page pop up and no access to Anaplan. I have tried closing excel, re-installing both Anaplan and office. I can still access Anaplan through the online weblink only.

• @hemal 

It would be wise to raise a ticket with Anaplan Support and let them take a look at it

• Hi @hemal,

the error shows that you are not connected to the model in your workspace after logged in anaplan through excel.

Please make a New connection as you can see on the top.

Hope, it will help you. Please let me know if you have issue.

Thanks,

Naushad 

• When I click on the new connection the same thing keeps happening.

A new pop up tab opens but the tab is grey and I cannot access anything. Anaplan effectively freezes.

Thanks

•  

@hemal , can you please attach the screenshot?

• Hi @hemal,

When you will click New Connection and 2 options will pop up. select one of these and click on it.

naushad786_0-1583746696190.png

After selection you will see new window with workspace and model.

naushad786_1-1583746756125.png

Can you please restart your system and try again ?

Thanks,

Naushad

• This is my issue.

When I click on new, a new window with workspace and model does not open. Instead, I have a grey excel worksheet appear and I cannot access my workbook until I close the greyed out sheet. 

• Hi @hemal,

It might be possibility that you are using two add-ins at the same time. can you please check add-ins in Developer option?

Thanks,

Naushad

• Hi,

I have not seen this error before. Could you please email Anaplan Support for investigation?

Thank you very much.

• anaplan add ins.PNG

Snapshot of the add ins I have.

My colleagues also have these Anaplan add ins and there Anaplan works fine.

Thanks

• Hi @hemal,

Please find the below Add-in screenshot. It is working fine for me and I am using "Anaplan.Excel.Addin64.xll" instead of "Anaplan.Excel.Addin-packed.xll.

It should work for you if your colleagues are using the same add-in.

Now, I would suggest you to contact and report the issue to support@anaplan.com

naushad786_0-1583750286551.png

Thanks,

Naushad

• cool thanks for your help.