Register

Help required on MIN function

ClarenceA
Frequent Contributor

Help required on MIN function

Hi need some help on the MIN function as I can't seem to get it to work even after going through the Technical Documentation. Attached at the relevant screenshots:

SYS08 has the MIN formula I'm trying to get to work. The idea is to look up the MIN value in the # Accounts for Redistribution column in the TAR02 module by looking up the Country (list-formatted) but it's returning zero without any errors.

The dimension in SYS08 is the same as the Country list-formatted source in the MIN formula: 'TAR02 Account Review'.# Accounts for Redistribution[MIN: 'TAR02 Account Review'.Country].

What am I doing wrong?

Kind regards,

Clarence 

4 REPLIES 4
cgillett
Occasional Contributor

Re: Help required on MIN function

I know this isn't a solution, but I hope it will help you find the answer.

'TAR02 Account Review'.# Accounts for Redistribution is dimensioned by Time, but 'SYS08 Account Counts' is not, and I believe this might be what's causing the 0 values. If you add SELECT: TIME.'FY20' to your MIN formula mappings, you should get a non-zero result.

ClarenceA
Frequent Contributor

Hi @cgillett how do I incorporate SELECT into the MIN function?

cgillett
Occasional Contributor

Hi, @ClarenceA ,

The formula using SELECT would be:

'TAR02 Account Review'.# Accounts for Redistribution[MIN: 'TAR02 Account Review'.Country, SELECT: TIME.'FY20']

You don't usually want to tie your formulas to specific time periods like that, though. It's too restrictive. I only suggest it for testing and troubleshooting. I don't know what's appropriate for your use case, but adding the Time dimension to your SYS08 module would solve the problem without using "SELECT", and it would also be dynamic.

ClarenceA
Frequent Contributor

Hi @cgillett thanks very much, it works! Yes the solution is fine as my FY20 is fixed so that works well. Thanks for the help as I learnt something new by combining SELECT with MIN.

Kind regards,

Clarence