Help with Sum function / Creating a Profile

Hello

I am trying to create a profile to spread revenues by client (i.e. When a client signs a contract in the future, when will the revenues occur based on past performance.

First I have a module that has historical revenues, by brand account, plotted on two dimensions - Contract Cohort (month the contract was signed, a list I created) and Time (revenue recognition).  Looks like this (single brand selected, redacted with black marker):

Screen Shot 2020-06-21 at 3.22.08 PM.png

Then I created a cohort/month mapping module to a list called Months for Waterfall - which is the profile list.  This evaluates what profile month the combination of the cohort and period relates to:

Screen Shot 2020-06-21 at 3.24.15 PM.png

I am then trying to aggregate this into a profile module that has the account and the months for waterfall as dimensions.  The allocation % would be Historical Revenue $/Historical Revenue $[select:Total All Months for Waterfall(sic)].  It is evaluating to $0 and I can't figure out why.  It seems to have to do with the time dimension but I can't figure it out:

Screen Shot 2020-06-21 at 3.27.57 PM.png

I feel that this should work as the source and result both have the accoount/brand dimension, and the time/cohort dimensions are mapped via the Attributes-Cohort Month module - but alas, its not working.  Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• Hi @Locke930 

Add the time dimension to your second module (and save it at All Periods). That will ensure the mapping works correctly

I replicated this and here's some screenshots. The #1, #2, #3 is a placeholder for your brand dimension

Module 1 Data

anirudh_0-1592800682596.png

Module 1 Mapping

anirudh_1-1592800729485.png

Module 2 SUM Formula

anirudh_2-1592800767347.png

Let me know if this works

Regards,

Anirudh

• @Locke930 

@anirudh 's solution should fix it for you. However I would like to explain why you aren't able to see the numbers in target module

If your Source Module has time dimension and your target module doesn't have it Anaplan doesn't auto aggregate on Native Time Dimension if you don't have All Periods Checked on Time Settings Page. Consider All Periods of Time as Top Level of any other list.

Edit: You can then use SELECT with Time. All Periods to pull the Top Level.

Hope that helps

Misbah

• Anaplan won't aggregate time automatically even with All Periods activated. you'll need to SELECT:Time.All periods for that

• @nathan_rudman  Agreed. That was supposed to be Analogy but yes I shouldn't have used the word "Auto". With Time it is always SELECT with TIME.All Periods, Current Period, YTD and YTG and LOOKUP with rest.

Thanks

Misbah

P.S - Edited the previous reply

• @anirudh Thanks for the reply.  Can you post the blueprint of the third last module with All Periods selected.  I tried to add this to my module but am not getting the desired result.

• Here you go!

You just need to add the time dimension to the module

anirudh_0-1592835500489.png

You also need to turn on All Periods in the Time settings

anirudh_1-1592835526567.png