Hide column time members without using Filter

Hi Experts,

I am new to ANAPLAN.Please kindly suggest me .How to solve the below requirement

The Requirement is like as followes,

They are three Versions 1)Actual 2)Plan 3)Forecaste.

I Developed Filter module.In Filter module we have plan,forecaste list items.

user select plan version

If Plan list item is 1 those columns only expand remaining all columns hide.

User Select Forecaste

if forecaste list is 1 then those columns would expand remaining columns are hide.

User select Actual

Then Actual line items =1 those columns would expand.

Thanks & Regards

Uma

Answers

• @UMAMAHESH

Hi Uma

You will have to use a filter to achieve this

The solutions described below only works with numeric values because it uses Line Item Subsets but it might work for you. If you need to filter out other attributes, then I suggest you split the inputs into different modules for each version and bring the data back together in a summary module.  you can direct users to different dashboards based on a list selection on a dashboard.

See here for more details on that technique:

https://help.anaplan.com/anapedia/Content/Modeling/Build%20Models/Actions/Other_Actions/Open_Dashboard.html

The first solution assumes you have the versions dimension in the target module (You should also consider if this design is appropriate because of the sparsity of the module. See the point above about different inputs 

Assuming we have this module:

2019-01-18_10-13-15.png

1. Create a line item subset:

https://help.anaplan.com/anapedia/Content/Modeling/Dimensions/Line_Item_Subsets.html

2019-01-18_10-14-02.png

2. Create a filter module using this line item subset from the above and the versions dimension and "tick" the appropriate line item/version combination:2019-01-18_10-14-29.png

3. In the target module you now set up a filter to reference the above filter line item:

2019-01-18_10-15-06.png

4.  The line items now filter accordingly:

2019-01-18_10-15-21.png

2019-01-18_10-15-34.png

2019-01-18_10-15-44.png

The next solution assumes that you don't want/have the versions dimension in the target module.  Depending on the sparsity mentioned above, this might be a more practical and efficient design

1. Set up the line item subset as 1. above

2. Create a list 'Versions choice' - this is effectively a replica of the Versions list (as you cannot use Versions as a formatted item)

3. Create a "Choice" module with a single line item formatted as the list from 2. This can be published to a dashboard for the users2019-01-18_10-40-11.png3. Create a module using the line item subset from 1. Add two line items, the first formatted as the list from 2. and the second a check against the module above

2019-01-18_10-24-46.pngThe formula for Filter = Applicable Version = Filter Choice.Versions Choice

4. Apply the filter from 3. to the target module

2019-01-18_10-26-10.png

5. The line items filter as before2019-01-18_10-26-53.png

I hope this helps

Good luck

David

• Hi David,

Thank you For your reply.

As per your example Based on Version selection line item was hided.

But my requirement is Based on Version selection Time member hide.

In Filter  module Row Axis: Line item list as followes 1.actual 2.plan 3.Forecaste

Column Axis: Time Period

User Selection: Version Members

In Version Selection select Actual Then Line item Actuals =1 those time periods would expand remaining all Hide

In Version Selection select Plan Then Line item Plan =1 those time periods would expand remaining all Hide

In Version Selection select Forecaste Then Line item Forecaste =1 those time periods would expand remaining all Hide.

Hope you understand the exact requirement and kindly suggest me how to solve this requirement.

Regards,

Uma

• @DavidSmith wrote:

@UMAMAHESH

Hi Uma

You will have to use a filter to achieve this

The solutions described below only works with numeric values because it uses Line Item Subsets but it might work for you. If you need to filter out other attributes, then I suggest you split the inputs into different modules for each version and bring the data back together in a summary module.  you can direct users to different dashboards based on a list selection on a dashboard.

See here for more details on that technique:

https://help.anaplan.com/anapedia/Content/Modeling/Build%20Models/Actions/Other_Actions/Open_Dashboard.html

The first solution assumes you have the versions dimension in the target module (You should also consider if this design is appropriate because of the sparsity of the module. See the point above about different inputs 

Assuming we have this module:

2019-01-18_10-13-15.png

1. Create a line item subset:

https://help.anaplan.com/anapedia/Content/Modeling/Dimensions/Line_Item_Subsets.html

2019-01-18_10-14-02.png

2. Create a filter module using this line item subset from the above and the versions dimension and "tick" the appropriate line item/version combination:2019-01-18_10-14-29.png

3. In the target module you now set up a filter to reference the above filter line item:

2019-01-18_10-15-06.png

4.  The line items now filter accordingly:

2019-01-18_10-15-21.png

2019-01-18_10-15-34.png

2019-01-18_10-15-44.png

The next solution assumes that you don't want/have the versions dimension in the target module.  Depending on the sparsity mentioned above, this might be a more practical and efficient design

1. Set up the line item subset as 1. above

2. Create a list 'Versions choice' - this is effectively a replica of the Versions list (as you cannot use Versions as a formatted item)

3. Create a "Choice" module with a single line item formatted as the list from 2. This can be published to a dashboard for the users2019-01-18_10-40-11.png3. Create a module using the line item subset from 1. Add two line items, the first formatted as the list from 2. and the second a check against the module above

2019-01-18_10-24-46.pngThe formula for Filter = Applicable Version = Filter Choice.Versions Choice

4. Apply the filter from 3. to the target module

2019-01-18_10-26-10.png

5. The line items filter as before2019-01-18_10-26-53.png

I hope this helps

Good luck

David

Hi David,

Thank you For your reply.

As per your example Based on Version selection line item was hided.

But my requirement is Based on Version selection Time member hide.

In Filter  module Row Axis: Line item list as followes 1.actual 2.plan 3.Forecaste

Column Axis: Time Period

User Selection: Version Members

In Version Selection select Actual Then Line item Actuals =1 those time periods would expand remaining all Hide

In Version Selection select Plan Then Line item Plan =1 those time periods would expand remaining all Hide

In Version Selection select Forecaste Then Line item Forecaste =1 those time periods would expand remaining all Hide.

Hope you understand the exact requirement and kindly suggest me how to solve this requirement.

Regards,

Uma