How Do I View if a Line Item Has Been Used as a Filter?

Highlighted
Certified Master Anaplanner

How Do I View if a Line Item Has Been Used as a Filter?

Hello,

I am doing some model clean up from a previous development team, and am trying to remove extraneous line items from the Anaplan model.  Is there a way to view if a line item is currently being used to filter a dashboard, or module somewhere in the model?

If not, that might be a neat enhancement, similar to the 'Referenced By' column in blueprint mode.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Boss

Re: How Do I View if a Line Item Has Been Used as a Filter?

Hello,

no, it's not possible.

You can log that as a RFE in the idea exchange.

Although it might be there already !

Nathan Rudman, Anaplan Model Builder
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Hi

There is no automatic process to do this but we have few ideas below as workaround for now:

1) Use the name filter in the line item

2) Create a Data Tag Filter and tag the line items used for filter

3) Once the line item is created, manually maintain in the notes if its being used as filter

Thanks and Regards

Harish B K

Highlighted
Community Boss

Manually tracking isn't the question. Annd you won't be able to track line items used a filter by users, without the MB knowing.

Nathan Rudman, Anaplan Model Builder
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Hi Nathan

True, these do have limitations and has drawbacks, but this was just an idea that can be used for future builds, until anaplan product team comes up with the feature to track the items used in filter
Highlighted
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Data tags and the Notes fields are are great idea - Anything that can help the model builder understand what line items are for is a good idea.  Yes, there is no direct reference (as yet!), but this is a good workaround for now

David

Highlighted
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

And just to complete the circle if anyone comes onto this thread... this is on idea exchange: https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/Filter-References/idi-p/52582

Lets get behind it!