How can I copy data from one module to another

Highlighted
Contributor

How can I copy data from one module to another

Hi,

I need help with something  am trying to achieve in Anaplan.

Module 1

Organization List (Organization Hierarchy is L1-Global->L2-Country->L3->Regions)

Line Item: Volume

Module 2

Organization List (Organization Hierarchy is L1-Global->L2-Country->L3->Regions)

Line Item: Volume1

Line item: Select Level of Analysis (Country or Region)

Line item: Pick Country

Line item: Pick Region

Line item: Gobal

Formula for Volume1

IF Select Level of Analysis = Country THEN Module1.Volume{LOOKUP:Pick Country] ELSE IF Select Level of Analysis = Region THEN Volume{LOOKUP:Pick Region]  ELSE Module1.Volume{LOOKUP:Global]

This formula doesnt work for e.g. if the user chooses country level analysis. It puts the Volume value from Module 1 matching the Country in all the cells which is fine but at the country level in Module 2 I get the sum of Country volume times number of regions in the country becuase the summary for Volume1 in Module 2 is Sum. If I chose the summary as None then I dont get any value for the country  level volume1 in module 2. Is there an alternate way to do this?

Module 2 is an intermediate module used for further calculations. I need to be able to pick the value of volume1 from Module 2 for regions, country and global.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Certified Master Anaplanner

Re: How can I copy data from one module to another

Hi,

First, I noticed some '{' in the formula... that's probably just a typo for your community post...

If one goal is to be able to, say, populate a Region level item with the Volume from the related Country Parent... then I would let folks pick "Country" or "Region", and then populate the volume using LOOKUP: Parent_Item, where Parent_Item is a line item displaying the PARENT(ITEM(L3 Regions)).

For the aggregations, you can reference a boolean that defaults to True (and has Summary set to None... then, as part of the formula, you can say something (for Volume1) like "If Boolean=FALSE then fetch data from Module 1[no lookup/no select], else... we fetch data based on lowest level item user option]"  (set the volume1 summary to Formula after you set the formula)

Paul

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi Paul,

I tried using the conditional flag but I get this error:

Invalid combination for line item Volume1 of summary method 'Formula' with formula using LOOKUP and/or SUM (or other summary function)

Highlighted
Certified Master Anaplanner

Humbug!  yes, I've ran into that before!

What you might do is fetch the value in another line item, and then reference it when needed.