How do I get the data from a line item of a list in a module into another module?

I have two module. One call assumption, another. call Implied new room.

I want to get the data from the line item call mix which is base on my subscription list from the assumption module .

In my Implied new room module, I have 3 line item with the same name as my subscription list. I don't want to use a list because I want the format to be exactly how its picture. If I use a list, it will be nested/ filtered/column under Implied new rooms or become a dimension. How can I get the data from the mix line into my Implied new rooms module?

Best Answer

• kavinkumar
    Answer ✓

Hi @kdoan ,

Yes it is possible. Please follow the below steps.

Step 1: Create a look up module without dimension and create 3 line items and make it as 'Subscription list Formatted'

Step 2: Select the respective list items in all the 3 line items.

Step 3: In your destination module write the formula as mentioned below.

How do I get the data from a line item of a list in a module into another module.PNG

How do I get the data from a line item of a list in a module into another module 1.PNG

How do I get the data from a line item of a list in a module into another module2.PNG

How do I get the data from a line item of a list in a module into another module3.PNG

Hope this helps you!

Thanks,

Kavin.

Answers

• HI @kdoan ,

Quick question. In your source module you don't have time dimension or time formatted line item but in your destination module you have Month dimension, so how do you want to bring in the data?

And once you confirm the above one, you can create 3 more line items in your dimension less module and make those 'Subscription list' formatted. Then select 'Select','Premium' and 'Plus' from the drop down and use these line items for bringing in the data from 'Assumption Module' thru Lookup.

Ex: Assumption Module.Mix[lookup: Lineitem 1]

I don't want to suggest the function 'Select' and it is not preferable.

Thanks,

Kavin.

• @kavinkumar 

I simply want to get the Mix % by the destination line item name and divide it by Implied New room. So essiantially, on my destination model of Implied New room, line item Select, I want that 15% from the Assumption Module for my Select Line Item. 

Is there way to get number or do I have to bring in the Subscription list on my destination module?

• Thank you so much. You taught me something new.