How do I sum across dimensions other than time?

Hello,

Can't see how this was done in the allocations video. I have a list for products, and a line item for sales. I want to introduce a line item that returns the total sales for all products against every product. Beyond allocation use, is there a way to introduce a line item that returns the value at the next level up a multi-level hierarchy? - Assume we have a three level product hierarchy: Product>Product Group>Total Products. Such a function would enable me to return the % contribution that each Product contributes to its Product Group, and the contribution that each Product Group contributes to Total Products. bsod

thanks

iosman

Answers

• Hi,

We can get the %contribution at different levels. Please see the screenshot. Try this

Hierarchy I have : Product L1->Product L2->Product L3

2.png

1.png

if you want a line item that returns the value at the next level up a multi-level hierarchy(Example Product L2), 

3.png

I think this will clear your doubts,

Regards,

Vignesh M

• Hello,

Vignesh got it almost right, from your question i understand you need a product group rollup into total products. You could have a module by product group and calculate the % contribution.image.png

Note: I was quick and dirty to use a select, but you cannot use select on a production list. You need to change it accordingly, one way is as below,

image.png

image.png

Thanks

Arun

• Hi @iosman123 

I noticed that you have posted the same query earlier. I presume solutions presented in earlier post didn't work for you. 

If you post new reply on the earlier post, it will float to the top of forums again. Please don't create multiple posts on same query, which might confuse the learners who may have same question.

Regards,

Pavan

• Indeed, this has been asked before:
    https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Anaplan-Platform-Discussions/How-do-I-sum-across-dimensions-other-than-time/m-p/48208#M6344

Please reply to the answers posted there, people are putting in effort to help you out, it is only decent to let them know whether they did.

KR,

Bram Kurstjens