How do edit an action mapping

Options

If I try to click edit on the mapping of an action, it just says the following error, but i am unable to change the mapping.  

Manage Import Data Sources
The uploaded file is no longer available; please upload the file again

- another question.  If i create a new action and rename it the same as my previous action, does everything linked to it in the model break or will it be okay if I keep the same name.  

I am running something through API and get the following error.  I assume this means my action mapping either code or name or code within the import action in anaplan has to be changed.  Is that correct?

localMessageText: Property-based import has one of the key properties unmapped - cannot proceed
"occurrences": 0,
"type": hierarchyImportPropertyKeyUnmapped

Answers

• Hi @Valeria 

Manage Import Data Sources
    The uploaded file is no longer available; please upload the file again

If you look in the "Actions" Tab, you'll get three tabs: actions, imports and import data sources.

Look at your import take the source label and search for it in the "import data sources". You should find it, edit it. if it tells you file no longer exists  it means you need to re-upload the file.That is possible, if you just do "new source" and upload a file named the same way as the original one.You should then be able to edit your existing import.

NOTE:

• Whenever you will create any import action then Set default file as Admin.
    • If you select set default file as No (keep private) so your file is available for 48 hrs in the cloud then automatically it will removed.you will get the same error as above

Screenshot_251.png

- another question.  If i create a new action and rename it the same as my previous action, does everything linked to it in the model break or will it be okay if I keep the same name. 

NO, Import action doesn't depend upon the name, its depend upon the mapping & remember Every import is based on an "import data source".

If you create a new action and with same mapping then of-course it will works (make sure you column heading shouldn't be changed, it should be as per your previous file.

ocalMessageText: Property-based import has one of the key properties unmapped - cannot proceed
    "occurrences": 0,
    "type": hierarchyImportPropertyKeyUnmapped

It seems one of your column header of the file doesn't match with the existing import action. please check the column header by editing the import action.

Even sometime it looks like a same column header name but if you have a single extra space then also you will get this error.

Note:

• It is very necessary to have a template of each import action with column header.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Akhtar