How to Convert Number into Weekly format?

Hey Anaplanners,

Is there any way that a particular number or text can be converted into Weekly format? For example P1 2018 needs to be converted into Week 1 2018 in a Time Period Formatted Line item.

I know for the fact that we can create Date from number but there is nothing as such for Time periods esp weeks. Let me know if there is a way to do this.

Thanks,

Miz

Best Answer

• rob_marshall
    Answer ✓

@Misbah ,

So there are a couple of ways, but the best way of doing this is to create a list (Fake Time, in my case), where I have all periods defined (P1 2018 ->  P20 2018).  This will be used as a mapping list as well as in a mapping module.

2019-06-04_12-37-26.png

Create the mapping module: SYS Mapping Time Module using the Fake Time in the Applies To

2019-06-04_12-37-37.png

You will need to create the formulas in this order: Item, Period, Year, Text Member, Weekly Time Period

Line Items: 

• Weekly Rime Period: FINDITEM(Time, Text member)
    • Text Member:"Week " & Period & " FY" & year
      ***Notice the space after the "k" in week as well as the the space before the F in " FY"
    • Item:NAME(ITEM(Fake Time))
    • Period: RIGHT(LEFT(Item, FIND(" ", Item) - 1), FIND(" ", Item) - 1 - 1)
    • Year: RIGHT(Item, 2)

2019-06-04_12-37-48.png

So now, you can link your text member by doing a finditem(Fake time, your txt) and get the weekly value by using a lookup ( Weekly Time Period[lookup:the finditem() you just created].

Hope this helps,

Rob

Answers

• Hi,

A date or text can be converted to a week as shown below:

Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 5.01.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-06-04 at 5.02.01 PM.png

Regarding your specific example of converting P1 2018 to Week 1 2018, is P1 2018 a list member or a time from a data file? Perhaps the example above can give you some ideas?

Thanks,

LipChean

• Well you have taken the base of transformation as a date in text format whereas in my case it isn't date. It is just text formatted P1 2018 in data file.
  • Thanks a lot! I think I will not use Fake list, instead I will do the data transformation in the source file and aggregate the date with transformed weeks.

• @Misbah ,

It would be best if you did do this in the source file, as you stated.  Remember, Anaplan can also aggregate the data for you, meaning if your data is at the daily level, but the module you are importing to is at the weekly or monthly level, Anaplan will aggregate on the data load.

Thanks,

Rob