How to Get the Creation Time of a User in Workspace?

XianyuZhao
New Contributor

How to Get the Creation Time of a User in Workspace?

Under the user of Modeul Setting, I want to check the creation time of the user, but I can't find it. please tell me how to do it!

XianyuZhao_0-1658992378854.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KirillKuznetsov
Certified Master Anaplanner

@XianyuZhao  I believe this info is stored as additional and you can try to request it from the support team. It will be on WS level only i think. So you may get information when somebody was added by nothing about roles, SA or any other model-related stuff

Regards, Kirill Kuznetsov
Advanced, LLC

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
rishabh01
Frequent Contributor

Hey @XianyuZhao , You can get that detail in the model history. You can access the history under the the model settings tab.

Thanks.

XianyuZhao
New Contributor

Thank you for your reply! I have used this method, but because there is a lot of historical information, it takes at least several hours to export data under Model history. We have actions that can be executed at any time, so we cannot wait for him to export.
KirillKuznetsov

@XianyuZhao 

This is a good suggestion. And i would probably tell you to raise an Idea on Idea Exchange page (when supported enough it may be included in future Anaplan system update)

But lets define what "user creation" is to you first:

1) If it's about first time user is added to a workspace then this is beyond a single model information and to my knowledge should be tracked separately. The reason is that by created we can understand not only the very first time a user gets access but reinstated access after complete removal.

2) If it is about adding user to a particulat model then you can create a process that each user access is triggered recording date of creation of such user.

You can create a module with Users dimension and a line item "Creation time" (you would need current date&time automation process for it in each of your models).

What @rishabh01  suggested would work to see within one model. But access is active when a user has some role apart from "No Access". And if you make a copy of the model there won't be any info in the history.

What I mean is that the best way to have this metric is to record it either manually or semi-automated using proceses.

Advanced, LLC
XianyuZhao
New Contributor

Than you for your reply! I know what you mean.But now that the development has been completed, the process can no longer be created. I would like to know the user creation time in the past three years.(The method of model history has been tried)Is there any other way?
KirillKuznetsov

@XianyuZhao  I believe this info is stored as additional and you can try to request it from the support team. It will be on WS level only i think. So you may get information when somebody was added by nothing about roles, SA or any other model-related stuff

Advanced, LLC
XianyuZhao
New Contributor

Thank you very much! I don't think there is any other way.
ryan_kohn

It is possible to get the Created Date of a User via the SCIM API.

Sample response (screenshot from above documentation, with Created Date highlighted):

ryan_kohn_0-1659047015093.png

Some things to note:

• You will need to be familiar with APIs in order to get this data.
  • If this is being done as a one-off, you can use a tool like Postman or cURL. If it needs to be repeatable, you would need to write wrapper code using a programming language like Python.
  • User data is not available for Visiting Users.
  • You can authenticate with basic authentication or via an Anaplan token (CA Certificate or OAuth2).
  • An active Anaplan, non-SSO user, with a tenant-level READ policy for Users is required to call the SCIM API. Examples include Tenant Admin, View Admin, and User Admin.