How to bring in previous balance into current module? Or how do I bring in a rolling balance forward

I am creating a balance sheet. I am hoping if anyone can show me the best approach. I have two module. 

Previous balance module and current Balance sheet module.

My previous balance module have no time scale. I want the previous Ending balance in my current module. I attached 2 screen shot to show you what I mean. When I try to add them together, my previous balance module add it to each month. How do I include my previous balance amount without it affect my current month?

Example

FY18. Ending Balance    = 100

Jan 19 = 20

Feb 19 = 20

Mar 19 = 20

Q1 FY19 = 160

Apr 19 = 20

May19 = 20

June19 = 0

Q2 FY19 = 200

Best Answer

• LipChean_Soh
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Do see if the following works.

Screen Shot 2019-07-27 at 12.22.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-27 at 12.22.42 PM.png

Your requirements are interesting in the sense that it's a combination of P&L and Balance Sheet in 1 view.

I think you'll have to split the line items so that

1. Cash Movement deals with movement 

2. Cash Position deals with final Balance Sheet value.

3. Cash deals with a combination of movement (only for Months) and Balance Sheet value (only for Quarter, Year)

To scale for a full Balance Sheet, you'll have to use 3 different modules using the same philosophy above.

Thanks,

LipChean

Answers

• @LipChean_Soh Thank you. It worked. 

• @kdoanThere is no such formula in Anaplan called TimeFilter.

Also, you can see if Brought Forward functionality helps in your case. Point to remember is that Anaplan won't add that Previous Year to current year automatically. However it will display last year's time period into your current time scale - which will help you in showing the data in one module instead of two modules.

You can find Brought forward feature in the Blueprint mode.

Happy Planning.

Misbah